Saturday, November 07, 2009

Maddy's Art Work

Maddy has a love of art/drawing. She can draw over 10 pictures in one sitting. And I know I am biased, but I love so many of her art work because of her creativity and her willingness to try to create new things. We really miss art class (and Miss Anna) very much. I hope Maddy is able to keep up her love of drawing/creativity.
Here are a few of my favorites:
Maddy drew this picture for my mom after she took us to Benihana. The red shirt man with the hat, is the chef. He is tossing up all the food! Maddy and my mom are in the picture.
Here is a picture Maddy drew of herself with her cousin Katie.
During Zach and Megan's wedding, Maddy was upset that she didn't catch the bouquet. She really wanted to keep the flowers. A few days later she drew this picture. She explained the strobe light were on top (and shining on the floor). The picture shows a groomsmen (on right) that is sad he didn't catch the bouquet. Maddy's new friend, Tori, is on the left and Maddy is the princess in the green dress with the bouquet that she "caught".
After going on a date with Mamaw P, Maddy drew this picture of Mamaw P and Maddy eating bagels. The man in the back is the person working at the bagel store!:)
Before school started, Maddy and I went to her open house. They were asked to draw a picture of their family. Maddy was one of the first to start and was one of the last to finish. Most of the kids drew stick figures. Maddy on the other hand, had to add so many details, like crowns on the whole family (since we ARE royalty!:) And of course, I had to hold a purple fan to match my formal gown! I love the way, Austin is holding Jack!:) Love this picture.
Maddy's self portrait.
Maddy drew a picture of a boy giving Maddy a rose. I love that she drew him on his knees, like he is proposing!
Maddy drew this picture for Amy. It's a picture of a hospital. She drew a curtain on the top left. The door in the middle (with an EXIT sign!:) And a patient with her nurse.
An adorable picture of Aunt Amy, Maddy, and Drew

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maddy is such a great artist. I could really use some lessons from her. Maddy I am so proud of you!!

Dean, Mel, Ben and Joey said...

what a talented artist you have. Love all the updates, Jamie. Miss seeing you guys. I can't believe how old Drew looks!!! Maddy is beautiful as always and Jack is such a cutie pie. Hope to see you all soon.