Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The Greatest Gift of All....

Hello everyone,
I am writing about Easter one month later...which I think correlates with how busy I have been. I keep hoping the "busy-ness" will end but I think it is here to stay....until Austin and I retire to Hawaii. Sigh.....I can dream.....and honestly, I do see a lot of the "busy-ness" a blessing. Because we are constantly around great friends and family. Enjoying life and each other. I can't ask for more:)
This year Austin and I went through the Family Life Resurrection Eggs to share about the Easter story. For a little over a week, each morning the kids would open an egg and we would talk through a little bit of the Easter story. On the Monday after Easter, I was doing the dishes....and Maddy was laying down on the floor and she told me she wanted to tell me a story. And she told me the ENTIRE Easter story from start to finish in detail. I was so amazed because she put together each day of the Resurrection eggs and compiled it all together. Here she is on video sharing the story:

After she told me the story about 3 times throughout the day, she told me she wanted to ask Jesus in her heart. So, I told her we would wait until Daddy comes home. So, we waited until Dad came home and that night before she went to bed, she asked Jesus into her heart. Here is a video of her sharing this:

It took me over 20 years to truly understand that the greatest gift of all was understanding and believing the Easter story. I am so thankful for the Resurrection Eggs which were a tool that God used to teach Maddy this. I am thankful for Maddy's decision to follow Jesus. I keep watching these two videos....laughing at certain moments and at the same time, tearing up just hearing the innocence in her voice and the comprehension that she has.
I wanted to share a few more pictures leading up to Easter:
Kate, Maddy, Nolan and Drew before the egg hunt
Maddy and Drew with their Easter baskets from Baylor and Cooper! They were SOOO excited to receive them....and that's an understatement!
Maddy, Jake, Katie and Drew
Drew loves Papaw's tractor ride.
Maddy and Kate dye-ing Easter eggs.
Drew finding eggs at our Easter egg hunt.
My family celebrated Easter at a Korean BBQ restaurant. We ate lots of Kal-bi...yum!!

2 comments:

Lori said...

those are the best videos I have ever seen....

Josie said...

Maddy,
You did a great job telling the Easter story! I am excited you ask Jesus to live in your heart!! You go girl!!

Love,
Aunt Jo