Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Mother's Day

We were all in the car on Friday night and this was our conversation:
Maddy: Mom, you make daddy work too much.
Mom: I'm sorry, Maddy. Most daddy's work during the day. Daddy works hard for us so we can have food and a house to live in.
Maddy: But you also make him work at home, too. Remember that time long, long time ago when you made daddy put away all the stuff from the cabinets in the laundry room?
Mom: Yes, I remember that...it was the time the cabinet full of stuff fell off the wall and landed on me? (True story....I was in shock that the cabinet fell off of the wall and landed on me and Austin came home and helped me clear out the cabinets to a safe place).
Maddy: And he made breakfast today.
Mom: Yep, dad did make those Eggo waffles this morning. He sure does a lot. (which I can't deny he does do a lot to help me out around the house......but then I started thinking what does she think I do? So I asked) So, what does Mommy do all day?
Maddy and Drew (simultaneously): NOTHING.
Happy Mother's Day to me! One of the least appreciated, unrewarded, underpaid jobs out there....but one I wouldn't trade for the world. I'd like to say that because of Maddy and Drew's comment above that I made this video mostly of Jack!:) But that isn't true. After taking pictures of Ava I regretted not doing the same for my kids. So, I took pictures of Jack during Maddy and Drew's nap. Austin saw me taking pictures so he took over and took the BEST pictures of Jack and me. It was the best Mother's Day gift. I love looking through them. I love being a mom. I love every moment...there is never a dull moment. I hope you enjoy the video as much as I do! I am very blessed to be a mom.

1 comment:

Amy, Michael, and Ella Garrison said...

oh, Jamie...I loved the video you made. It made me tear up! You are an amazing mommy and I hope to be as great of a mommy as you are. Jackson is one good looking baby-you could def win one of those baby contests. He looks like a cross between Maddy and Drew. How did you make that video, what kind of digital camera do you have...it really is awesome. miss you and can't wait to see you and the family in person!