Even though I may look like this:

Well, along these lines. I am officially a soccer mom!! Yeah!:) Something every mom dreams about (okay, maybe I'm the only weird one...willing to admit that the concept sounds nice!) Driving that nice SUV, with our 2 1/2 kids (that are always well behaved), and the Golden Retriever to the game.....looking fabulous in designer clothes....just cheering our kids on the perfect sunny day. Or maybe not designer clothes but at least looking like this:
Oh, and our kids playing like this:
Well, let's just say, I have been a little shocked to see how tough it is to be a soccer mom!:) The last 3 Tuesdays have been pouring rain and freezing cold. And the first game got cancelled due to rain. I'd like to say that I am a die hard fan and stood on the sideline like this for Maddy's practice:
But, I have to be honest. I'm just not into you, I mean...I'm just not into soccer....especially with a 5 month old in tote. But don't worry, I am planning on attending all the sunny and warm practices and games!:) And last weekend was wonderful! We have had 2 games for both Maddy and Drew's league so far. The first game was rough for both of them. Drew started off strong making a few goals...until somebody took the ball away from him. He realized he didn't have the ball to himself so he didn't want to play anymore. I have to really work to get him to stay on the field. I tell him I just want him in the field...even if he doesn't kick the ball. So, here are a few pictures of his "activities" on the field:
(um, yeah...there are no goalies in the pee-wee league. the boys just liked being by the goal....while the 2 girls were doing all the work!:)
The only picture I missed at the last game was when he lifted his shirt and rolled his belly. All the fans thought it was hilarious. Well, to be honest, he has scored a goal at each of the games. He is selective when he kicks the ball...when he has an open field and the ball is near him. He is a smart boy. He only wants the ball when he knows he can score. Well, it's been a slow start to the season. But I think he'll start enjoying the game as the season goes on!:) His favorite time is...snack time, obviously. Here is a picture of Cooper and Drew lounging after the game!
Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures of Maddy playing soccer since Austin is her coach. I am usually busy chasing after Drew and holding Jack! I'll try to take more in the next few weeks. Maddy's first game she volunteered to be a bench warmer the majority of the game. But the second game there were no substitutes so she played the whole hour. She did a great job keeping up with the ball and kicking it a few times. I was proud of her. It has been a lot of fun to watch and be involved in. I'm enjoying my life as a soccer mom....even though it hasn't gone exactly how I would have planned!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment