Our precious Maddy turned 5 this month. I can't believe how quickly these 5 years have gone by. She is such a beautiful girl from the inside out. There are days when I start to tear up because of her kind heart towards her brothers. She is always there to "take care of" Jack and make him smile. And Drew and Maddy are best friends. It makes me a little sad to think that Maddy will be going to school every day next year. I think Drew is going to have the hardest adjustment...losing his closest playmate.
We had a low key birthday this year. Maddy's obsession of princesses has increased my desire to take her to Disney soon. So, part of her gift will include a trip to Disney with lots of princess meals!:) She is so excited to go and I am so excited to see her face glow!
We had a small celebration at my parent's house. My mom went out of town so we stayed with my dad during this time. Their house isn't the most "child proof" home and things have been more difficult going places now that Jack is crawling and putting everything in his mouth. But the time spent there was so much fun. I especially enjoyed spending time and talking with my dad. He did really well the whole time we were there. My dad was able to go with Tammy and I to Monkey Joe's, a place full of bouncehouse/slides, on Maddy's Birthday. Maddy was squealing with delight going down the slides. It was so precious to hear and see her have pure joy! I did not bring my camera there...but I'm hoping to add some pictures from Tammy soon.
Overall, Maddy had a special birthday. And we are so proud of our 5 year old!
No comments:
Post a Comment