Thursday, July 23, 2009

The cute things kids say....

- The other morning Drew wanted a muffin with Nutella. For those of you who don't know what Nutella is, it's a hazelnut spread that taste like chocolate. It is so yummy. On special occasions, I surprise them with Nutella instead of peanut butter or jelly in the morning. This morning, I surprised him and he was so excited that he yelled "Mom, I'm so excited. You get the Piston Cup!". Probably the highest honor he knows how to give!:)
- Austin took Maddy on a date. He told me that Maddy was in the car and said. "Why doesn't baby Ava have headlights like Mommy and me?" My mind can't help but to go to a certain body part when referring to headlights.....so luckily dad was there instead of me. She grabbed a piece of her hair and said "You know, headlights". Yes, she meant highlights.
- The other day, I couldn't help but notice Drew's big dimples smiling back at me. So, I said "OK, dimples." I expected him to respond with his usual "I'm not dimples, I'm Drew!" Instead he said, "I'm not a nipple!" I couldn't help but laugh out loud.
- Drew did something goofy the other day, so I said "You're so silly, where did I find you?" He said "probably Sam's Club". Hmmm...maybe I shop there too much.
- It was close to bedtime and I don't let the kids drink anything before bed. But Drew loves the Sobe Life Water (also known as Lizard Water). I told him a few minutes ago that he couldn't have any because it was bedtime. Well, I left the bottle on the counter and walked by a few minutes later....to find Drew chugging the Life Water. He quickly responded with "You should have put the water higher. I could reach it here." He had that thought out if he got caught! Kids....amazing how smart they are.

There have been many more....I have not been very good and writing them down when they say things. I am hoping to keep up with my blog more. I love 3 years old. They say the cutest things.

1 comment:

Dean, Mel, Ben and Joey said...

LOVE the headlights story. Oh Maddy, such a cutie!