My mom went to California to attend the funeral and be there to support my aunt. So, I stayed at my parent's house during the week with my family and watched my dad. It was a week I was personally stressing out about. I wasn't stressing out about watching my dad. I was stressing out about watching my dad AND Jack. My dad has progressed in his Parkinson's Disease that it is difficult for him to open his pill box when he is "stiff", so there is medicine in his pocket, on the counter, etc. Jack on the other hand is at the stage where he still puts things in his mouth. My dad is also at a stage where he tends to have "projects" that are not child-friendly (screws, cleaners, etc). It's the exact environment most moms avoid. On top of checking on my dad, cleaning the house, taking care of each of my kids needs, it was an exhausting week. But rewarding to spend time with my dad. It has been a tough year to visit my dad as much as I would like since Maddy is in school in the morning and the boys nap in the afternoon. I enjoyed seeing my dad and loved the short spans where he was "normal" during our visit. I have such a huge admiration and love for my dad. I have always had a special relationship with him. I have such mixed emotion when I visit him. I don't know how much space to allow and how much I want to push to spend moments getting wisdom and "stories" out of him. I do know that his span has gone down significantly and I am going to enjoy each of these moments I get with him. I am excited that next year I have hopefully worked out the kids schedule that we will be able to visit more than we were able to this year.
Okay, back to Easter week. We were lucky to enjoy time with my sisters and their families as well. So, I was able to get a lot of wonderful pictures of the kids! Before I close out this post. I have to re-share Maddy telling the Easter story from last year, because it has been 1 year since she accepted Christ. Oh, what a joy it has been to see her live out this decision. Our church had cardboard testimonies on Easter Sunday. It was such a great reminder of how thankful I am of God's grace on my life. I am a life truly changed because of it. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.
Nolan, Drew, Jack ,Kate and Maddy
Kate
Maddy
So many adorable Ava picture I have to share!
Ava, biggest IU fan!:)
The grandkids (Maddy, Kate, Ava, Jack, Nolan and Drew)
My wonderful sisters!
Such a sweet girl.
Captain Jack
Jack
The kids reenacted the Southwest commercial for Steve when he came home for his birthday!:)
My little man
2 comments:
so sorry to hear about your uncle but glad to hear you spent some quality time with your dad. I know it is rough but that is awesome that you are such an incredible daughter. I know he loves you so much and appreciates your efforts!
Your post made me cry. I am sorry for your family's loss with your Uncle passing. I loved reading your heartfelt entry about your dad. I know your dad enjoyed spending time with you and was very grateful to have such a loving daughter around helping him. I will continue to keep your family in my prayers.
Post a Comment