Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Magical Trip: Part II

Day 3: Epcot
We started our day at Epcot. While waiting for the rope to drop the characters walked by and greeted everyone. The highlight of the greeting was when Minnie came over and pointed to her cheek to have Drew kiss him. And instead Drew grabbed her nose and gave her an Eskimo(nose) kiss. It was so cute!! She acted like she was blushing and the kids thought it was so funny!! I wish I caught it on tape…it was so cute and unexpected! We went on Soarin (which was so amazing!), The Seas with Nemo and Friends followed by Turtle Time with Crush (a MUST if you have little ones….it was hilarious). We went on the Spaceship Earth….which I would not recommend going on…all of us thought it was boring. But it was the only ride we could have gone on before our lunch with the princesses! This was a special meal. We were able to see Jasmine, Belle, Snow White, Ariel and Aurora (Sleeping Beauty). Maddy was excited but very reserved when meeting the princesses. …the one who surprised us was Drew. He would eat his meal and see a princess coming to our table and he would say “Dad, I need my napkin” and he would wipe his mouth off before the princess came to him. He did this for every princess. He was worried he had food on his mouth!! It was cracking us up.
Well, after our meal, we quickly walked through the World Showcase and went back to Soarin. We had a little traumatizing experience in which Drew was not able to go on this time because he was not tall enough (I’ll write more about that later). So, Maddy and I went on Soarin then Test Track. By this time we were going to either go back to the hotel for naps or go back to Magic Kingdom and we decided to keep going! So, we went to MK and rode on Splash Mountain (Twice), Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Pirates of the Carribean, and Jungle Cruise. We finished the night by watching the Spectromagic parade. It was so magical for the kids. Maddy and Drew loved watching the lights and were giggling and hugging each other throughout the parade. Austin and I loved watching our kids and were giggling and hugging each other throughout the parade!:) It was so cute to see their excitement and joy. It was truly magical and priceless…..something I will never forget. I don’t often get teary eyed….but I honestly was tearing up watching them get so excited.. This trip has been more than I could have ever expected for them…..and I had some high expectations!:) We came back to the hotel and the kids were asleep the second before their head hit their pillow.
Maddy and Drew waiting for the bus.
Maddy and Drew in front of the Nemo ride.
Maddy asking Crush a question


Austin and I inside Bruce!
The princess and heartbreaker before going into the princess lunch.
Maddy and Belle!
Maddy and Drew with Aurora
Drew and Jasmine (his favorite....wonder why!:)
Drew "preparing" for the princess!


Maddy and Drew with Snow White

Maddy and Drew with Ariel
Maddy taking a picture of Austin and I...pretty good photographer!:)
Maddy and Drew at Epcot
Maddy and Drew with Mickey
Maddy and Drew with Pluto. Drew is laughing because he kept trying to get his whiskers!
Maddy and Drew with Donald
Our family with Minnie
Maddy and Drew with Goofy. This picture was taken just a second before Drew jumped up to reach for Goofy's whiskers. You can tell he is thinking about it in this picture. He thought it was hilarious!
Drew and Austin on Splash Mountain
Maddy and me on Splash Mountain....with a crazy guy behind us!
Day 4: Animal Kingdom
I am excited we have one more day to enjoy here at Disney but am looking forward to being home with Jackson! I am really missing him today. Today we enjoyed Animal Kingdom. We went on the Kilimanjaro Safari, Kali River Rapids, Finding Nemo-the Musical (the BEST show at Disney parks....this was amazing. I felt like I was at a Broadway show), Festival of the Lion King then the Rapids ride again. We came home for a nice nap and woke up refreshed to eat dinner with Cinderella and her crew (Prince Charming, Step Mother and her two step sisters). The two step sisters were hilarious. They were purposefully rude, so they were hysterically funny!
We followed the night with going back to Magic Kingdom. We went on Astro Orbiter, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin and then the Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor. The kids were able to pick out their Micky Ears and we had their names put on them. And then they enjoyed watching the fireworks. It seemed like a slower paced day with a great nap in the middle! I think I am going to need a vacation from this vacation!! The kids have done so great here….except for a few minor melt downs by Drew. But don’t worry. It goes away pretty quickly. We found the trick. One time when he was starting to get grumpy, I told him he needed to “drop the attitude” and talk nicely. Well, we were finishing up dinner and he told me in an excited voice “Mom, I have something to tell you. My food went into my belly and pushed my bad attitude out of my bottom.” Hilarious. I don’t know how he came up with that, but his attitude was completely gone and “out of his bottom”! We were very glad to see “it” leave!:) He is always making us laugh!

Maddy and Drew in front of Animal Kingdom entrance
Maddy preparing for the ball (her lunch with Cinderella's crew)!
Maybe it's just me, but I still think it's hilarious that Drew "prepares" for his interaction with the princess Here he is before Cinderella came to our table. The funny part is that he didn't care when the step mother and step sisters came to our table...he didn't even want a picture with them. Hmm....interesting.


Maddy and Drew with Cinderella
Maddy and Prince Charming
Maddy with the evil step mother!
Maddy and Anastasia
Maddy and Drizzela
Austin, Maddy, Drew and me in front of the castle.
Maddy and Drew overlooking the castle
Maddy and Drew with their Mickey hats

No comments: