I have had a few nights in my lifetime in which I can't sleep with a sense that something wasn't "right". For a while, I didn't know why....but over time I have found that the next day I hear of some life changing news (e.g. the night I found out about my grandmother passing away and the night I found out about my dad diagnosed with Parkinson's). So, I have often taken a sleepless night as a sign that I need to be praying. So, last night I was up until 2am just sleepless. I laid on Austin's chest, listening to Austin's heartbeat hoping it would lull me to sleep. But instead, it just made me tear up and feel an overwhelming sense of how thankful I am of Austin, my children and all of my loved ones in my life. I feel so blessed and thankful!
Well, later that morning, we found some very sad news that Austin's grandfather past away this morning. It was unexpected and sudden. It was a very sad day for our family because of all the love we have for him. He is a quiet man, but so much said by his action (especially his commitment to his marriage). I have always felt a special love for him because of this and had more of a relationship with him than I did with my own grandparents (since they lived in Korea). Jackson is named after him. And I am so sad that Jackson was never able to meet his great grandpa:( He was a sweet man and he will be missed dearly.
Here is our last picture with him from our visit with him exactly a year ago, last September:

Jamie
2 comments:
We are praying for you and love you!
oh Jamie! I am so sorry. this is a beautiful story. It brought tears to my eyes.
Post a Comment