Easter is a time that I will always cherish because of the significance in my life since college. Although, I don't know if any Easter will top this one (http://austinandjamie.blogspot.com/2009/05/greatest-gift-of-all.html), the year Maddy asked Jesus into her heart. It is one that will always be so special to me.
This year we had a wonderful Easter with family, we had an amazing lunch with Austin's family (Austin's dad makes the BEST turkey ever.....seriously. I'm drooling now, thinking about it....it's that good). Then we came over to my parent's home for a dinner brunch (because that's how we roll:) and then we ended in a fun Easter egg hunt for the kids! And then for Mother's Day, we did a pitch-in and celebrated mother's day, my mom and dad's 36th wedding anniversary and my dad's 71st birthday (wow, that sounds old, I still think of him in his 40s...time flies). Because of my dad's Parkinson's Disease, I sometimes feel really sad for all that he is not able to do and all the things I think he deserves in life after all he has worked hard for....but at the same time I see many blessings. Because of his diagnosis, I feel like it reminds our family constantly that life is short and we need to cherish the time together....because we never know when it will be the last. My dad's doctor told my mom that he was considered late stage Parkinson's Disease, which to me is hard for me to grasp what this means. My mom shared that his neurologist said that something could happen tomorrow or he could live for another 5 years (which she stated last year). So, we know our time with my dad is precious. The toughest thing for me is finding a way to connect with him. It is something I am trying to figure out (but not feeling really successful at) and trying to find a way to share with him the love I have for him and to share the love of Christ with him. It's tough with 3 kids and it's tough when his time of "normalcy" is so short. This has really been on my heart recently, so if you could just pray for me (and my dad), I would really appreciate it.
I know our family has been blessed in SO many ways. I am really enjoying this season in our life when we are healthy (and happy). I love that we have both parents close by and so many family members and friends there to support us in all that we do. I know that we are always one moment away from a diagnosis or a devastating phone call......so until it happens, I enjoy life like it is at this moment! Wow, such a serious post...not what I was planning but just sharing my thoughts! I hope all the moms reading this had a wonderful mother's day. Enjoy each moment and know that you are making a difference!:)
My mom with the grandkids
Having fun!
My dad was doing okay for a few minutes so we took a quick photo.
Maddy on Mother's Day
Maddy wanted to do her jump (like she did on her last birthday)!
My best shots of Drew....are ones in which he doesn't know I am taking a picture
He is such a sweet boy
Love this boy
Really, I do.....even when he is mischievous
Because he smiles.....and it melts my heart!
I love when they are all smiling
You really don't want to know what I have to do to make them smile like that.....because basically it would embarrass me, if anyone ever saw me. (I basically have to make a fool out of myself.....weird faces and crazy sounds to make them giggle like this).
Oh, how I love these three!
Maddy, Jack, Ava and Drew
I love this picture!
One of my favorite family photos ever!
I love that they can now talk to each other. They are so funny together
Jack's best friend!:)
Beautiful Ava
Jack LOVES baby Brooke. He always wants to "hold" her.
Brooke is at a fun age and she is so sweet!





















No comments:
Post a Comment