I have so much to be thankful for this year. Every year I like to list off all that I am thankful for in the past year. So, here we go...
- God - Always faithful, merciful, in control, and always true.
- Austin - My rock. We had a wonderful celebration of our 10 years of marriage. We were able to go on my dream vacation to Tahiti to celebrate our anniversary. As in any marriage, it is hard work. But, I love that each year we have both committed to work on our marriage whether it is reading a book or going to a conference. We have only grown in our love because of the work we both have put in. He always amazes me at what a wonderful husband and father that he is. I am especially thankful to Austin for the wonderful pictures we were able to take at Thanksgiving of my family. The span that we have to take pictures with my dad when he is "normal" have been slim and narrow and we all know that we may no longer be able to have these opportunities. So as my family was in the hustle and bustle of cooking and taking care of my kids at Thanksgiving, Austin saw that my dad was doing really well and encouraged all of us to take pictures together. And I was SO happy that we did. I have to be honest that each time that we take pictures the thought comes in my head that I will never know how long my dad will be around. So I want to capture moments together (especially with and for the kids) so they remember him and know what a great man he was and is. So, I am thankful for my thoughtful husband who knew how important it would be for me to take these pictures. This meant so much to me. I love you, Austin.
- My children - Maddy, she is such a huge blessing to me. She is always there to help and take care of her younger brothers. She has such a creative mind...always ready to learn. I love her beautiful art work and her creativity with activities at home. She bring such joy to our house. Drew, he is my most sensitive and fun loving child. He is my cuddler (and I love that). He is Austin's mini-me in so many ways...that I know one day (many many years from now) he will make a great husband!:) He is also our silent creeper. He sneaks into our bed at night and Austin and I don't even wake up because he just snuggles up next to us. So, we often wake up to find Drew cuddling up to us in bed!:) Jack, oh Jack. He is full of life and as many people describe him: funny. He has a lot of energy and I think that's what makes him so funny....the way he talks exudes his energy and his "commitment" to his will! Some may call this strong will, I call it determined. He loves and insists on being included and I love that he adores Maddy and Drew.
- My extended family. I am thankful for each one and their support of our faith, our marriage and our parenting. We LOVE spending time with family...so we know we are blessed.:) I am especially thankful for Austin's mom and dad in my life. Their example and their love for each other, their children (including all the in-laws) and their grandchildren.....it is not "normal". :) They are always serving, loving, caring, praying for each one of us. What a great example to have. I am so thankful for their impact in my life. I would marry Austin just to be a daughter-in-law of Poppa and Momma P (okay, only teasing....but THAT is how much I love them). I can relate to the relationship/love of Naomi and Ruth in the bible. I am especially thankful that they invest in our kids lives. "Normal" with my family has changed a bit because of my dad's health. Typical to Parkinson's Disease patients, he has increased times of Dementia which makes time with my dad tough. But I love that we support one another and are committed to getting together frequently and just enjoying our time together. I believe my dad's diagnosis 15 years ago brought our family closer together, reminding us to love and enjoy our time with our loved ones.
- My friends - I am so thankful my friendships. I feel so blessed that I have so many people to enjoy life with. I am thankful for Jessie. She is my sanity throughout the day. I love that we can text/call each other throughout the day...just living and sharing life together as a mom together....everyone needs a friend like that. I am thankful for Sarah Bl. I love her heart to give to others in need, her honesty, and her commitment to her friends and family. I am thankful for Sarah Be. I am thankful for our Thursday's together in this past year. She is a wonderful mom and a wonderful cook. I always enjoy spending time together....even amongst the chaos!:) And I am thankful for all the other ladies in my Beth Moore study this year. We had such a great group of girls and it was nice to just be real and grow together. I am thankful for Rachel, Megan and Erin. I love that even though we are all at different stages in life...we can get together and just laugh enjoy good fellowship. I am thankful for our small group at our church. We have enjoyed getting to know each couple and enjoy getting together with them. I am thankful for Ben and Lesley. Everyone needs a family friendship. I love that our kids get along with each other and when we get together I know we are going to have a great time...mainly laughing at how much Lesley and I are alike and how eerily similar Ben and Austin are. We often live very parallel lives and because of that I know we will be life long friends! I am thankful for my two wonderful sisters. I am thankful they are close by and I am so thankful for their commitment to family. I know that we will always be there for one another to support each other through the ups and downs. My mom and her sisters set a great example of the bonds of sisterhood.:) I am really thankful for Kristy and Tyler in our life. It's been harder to get together with them as our kids have gotten older but Kristy has been such a great supporter and friend in my life. I know we can laugh and enjoy stories together. I am also thankful for Marte, my other half/co-coordinator of my MOPS group. She has such a heart to serve and she truly is an example to me through her life story. I am so blessed to work with her. The list does not stop here...I am so blessed to have so many people in my life that I call friend!:)
- What's to come - We have been so thankful for Austin's job over the last 5 years. We are sad that he will no longer be practicing "in town" but are excited for what is to come. We are thankful God provided opportunities to fill in during the time that we wait for his practice to be built. I am thankful for Austin and all his hard work to provide for our family.
 |
| One of our favorite parts of Thanksgiving is having Uncle Erik, Lori and Casey at our house! |
 |
| Jack, Drew and Casey |
 |
| Drew is in love with Casey. She is such a sweet dog. |
 |
| They have a special bond. |
 |
| Love this! |
 |
| My wonderful dad and I |
 |
| My family (the original) |
 |
| My parents with all the grandkids. Look how much joy the grandkids bring to my dad's eye. It's truly priceless. |
 |
| Great picture of Naomi and I |
 |
| Okay this one is even better |
 |
| Okay, maybe this one is the best one!:) |
 |
| Adorable picture of Kate! |
 |
| My sisters and I |
 |
| I was walking by and thought this was "picture worthy". Oh, how things have changed.) |
 |
| Jack got attached the the Tickle Me Elmo that night. |
 |
| The whole family! |
 |
| Love this reason for many reasons but mainly because my parents (have the same pose as the last picture) and Austin (well, it's just so him....wild and crazy:). But I also love it because even though we have an "elephant in the room" at times because of my dad's failing health....we can still have fun. And that is worth the smile and the fun moments. |
 |
| We were on a roll and couldn't stop:) |
 |
| I love them all! We always have a great time together. |
 |
| The fun continued... |
 |
| I love Maddy's face on this one |
 |
| Drew actually wanting to be in a picture!:) |
 |
| My crazy daughter! I have no idea where she learned this:) |
1 comment:
I am so thankful for you!!! I feel so blessed to have you as a friend:).
Post a Comment