It's 2:30am and I am wide awake. And I have been wide awake for over an hour. The 1st hour I amused myself into thinking I would be able to fall asleep. The problem is we have moved the boys into one room together and Drew has taught Jack a new "habit".
Now, Austin sleeps on his back every night and doesn't move an inch and I tend to sleep on his chest. So, in reality we could sleep on a twin bed because we do not take up much room on the bed. Like I mentioned in one of my last post, Drew is our bed creeper. He comes in like a thief......smooth and sly....and honestly, I'm okay with it since Austin and I hardly notice him until we wake up.
Well, I woke up around 1am with an eerie sense that somebody was watching me.....so I turned over to find a 2 year old standing by my bedside, staring at me. He nonchalantly says "Hi, mom!" in the only volume that he knows.....LOUD. :) So, I sweep him up and put him in our bed.......(Note to self: very bad idea). He fell asleep within a few seconds and I would like to say it was a mother's bliss to be sleeping next to her beautiful baby boy....but this Mom was never one to advocate attachment parenting/co-sleeping....and I was reminded quickly why this was the case. A few minutes go by and I start to hear deep breathing, then I hear bodily noises beneath the sheets and then I hear him giggle in his sleep.....yes, all of this from my precious 2 year old! Then he stirs around and ends up in a spread eagle....taking up half the bed. For 1/2 an hour I amused him into thinking he owned half the bed, while Austin, Drew and I were on the other half. But after I got an elbow and then a foot in my face. I called it quits. I have stopped at the computer on my way to the boys room......since SOMEBODY should sleep in their room tonight. (Sigh....I might need a nap today).
Sleeping In Your Room (Not Mine!) Boot Camp begins tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
He would do great at our house!
I SOOOO feel your pain on this one. We are completely out of whack ever since Joe was transitioned into a big boy bed January 1. I have to lay down with him at night (unless I want to spend 2 hours sending him back to his bed over and over and over again, which I do not), he is up at least once every night and either wants in our bed, or wants one of us in his bed. AAAAHHH. There has not been ONE good night of sleep in this house in over a month. I'm over it. Good luck with your boot camp. I'm sending Joey to you to be enrolled if you are a success!
Post a Comment