Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Only Thing That is Constant is Change.

Hello Friends and Family! It has been too long. It is mid-January and I am 3 months behind:(  I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years.   We have been going through a busy season in our life.  Not only did we have the crazy schedule of the holidays, but Austin finished his last day at the office he has been working for over the last 5 years.  Austin and I both have mixed feelings about the way things have turned out with his practice. When Austin accepted the position it was discussed that Austin would be able to buy into the practice after 3 or so years but after 5 years it was clear that a mutual agreement was not going to be made on when and how the this would happen.  Since this was not going to work out we knew it was time for Austin to look into other opportunities that would be better for him in the long run.  I think the hardest part of this all is that Austin really loves the patients and the opportunity to serve the community we live in.  He has enjoyed getting to see the same patients over the last 5 years and getting to know each one at a personal level and serving them at the same time.  I know I am biased but Austin does a great job building relationships and doing his best to do what he does with respect and integrity towards his patients.  I think it says a lot when so many of his patients affirm this to me when they meet me. It makes me very proud of him.  :)
Well, Austin and I have been prepared to stay where we are living so our next option was to begin thinking about beginning his own practice.  This will allow Austin to run a practice the way he would like and to serve a community close to us.  So, we are in the process of starting a practice close-by. It is scary and exciting all at the same time. We are hoping to open in Spring/Summer 2011.
During this interim time Austin has been blessed with a few opportunities to work at different offices for consistent fill in work.  We truly feel like God made it clear that the door was closing with his  last job (even though we really wanted it to work out).  And we feel like it has been clear several times that the direction we are moving is where we need to be.  We have a long way to go, but we are at peace and where things are going.
So, with that update, I am going to work out updating my blog!  I had a great birthday, Christmas and New Year's celebration. I love December!:)
I will work on updating my blog over the next few days! Hope everyone is doing well.
Jamie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is exciting news. Can I be the first employee that Austin hires? I am sure I could run those air puff tests and get people to look at the red barn.

I will be praying for this new chapter in your lives to be tremendously blessed by God. I know Austin will be successful.

Me
(aka Rick Hamman)

Dean, Mel, Ben and Joey said...

thinking of your family during this time of transition.