Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Perfect Cheer.....Go, Fight, Win!


A few days after Drew's birthday, he was playing with one of his balloons and it went floating to the top of our family room. He was so sad that he couldn't get it. So, Austin tried to reach it with a pole on the couch but was shy a few inches. So, we thought of this great idea! We would take out our favorite chair/stool, similar to this. I would sit on Austin's shoulder, like a cheerleader and I would be able to get the balloon with the stick.
First, I must say, as an adult, it felt weird to be on Austin's shoulder. I was a cheerleader....a long time ago and it's different when you weighed, like, 60 pounds!:) Well, our kids were watching us during this time so I thought I would be funny as Austin stepped on each step and yell "Go, Fight Win" (with the perfect cheerleading arm motions!) Well, Go and Fight went okay....it was Win that didn't turn out so well.....let's just say our perfect cheer ended as I felt a gravity drop from the 3rd step and landed on top of Austin, who was on top of a broken wooden chair. I saw Austin below me with jagged pieces of wood all over the floor. My heart honestly was pounding so hard. I was so scared that one of the jagged piece of wood stabbed him as he landed (I know...I was thinking of the worst). Well, I yelled for him and he was groaning in pain...but he was okay.
To make a long story short....one broken chair and one broken husband (well, sort of....a black/blue toe, a bruised and scraped arm, and a sore body). But don't worry....I was perfectly okay!:)
If we had thought through things, we would realize how much weight would be on the top ladder. Oh well. The rest of the week Austin and I would say Go, Fight, Win and just crack up laughing at each other. I'm just glad Austin was okay. Seriously, just for a balloon.....we would do anything for our kids!:)

3 comments:

Lori said...

Austin definitely screams cheerleader type. That bouncy upbeat personality and his impeccable spelling...Maybe he should coach Maddy's cheerleading team in the future?!?!

Jarrad, Misty, Jenna, Josie Odle said...

You don't know how much I'm cracking up at you guys...too funny! Glad you're both ok though!

Susan said...

I loved this entry. * tee hee!!*you guys are hilarious! but that is so dangerous! don't do that for a balloon again.