On anther note, Austin and I went on our first date this week, which was SO nice. I loved it and can't wait to go on more.
We are adjusting well and the last two nights I have slept from 10pm-5:30am. I am hoping this trend continues!! Jackson continues to be a great baby.....although on Monday and Tuesday, he was VERY cranky/irritated. There were only a few positions that he would settle down (on his belly and hunched over)...which made me think his belly was hurting and/or some type of acid reflux. But last night and today he has been doing great. So, we'll see how things go.
On Monday, Momma P came over to watch the kids for a few hours. I usually take Jackson, if she is by herself. But the times I have left Jackson(when she has brought Poppa P or Jarred), he has slept through most of the time that I am gone. So, I thought I would try leaving Jackson so I can get a lot done in a short time span. Well, when I got home home Momma P said in her sweet voice "Jackson was a little fussy" during the time I was gone. I was a little surprised (and partially believed her (sorry, Momma P...not my sweet baby boy!:) but after Momma P left, the fussiness continued/escalated until he would fall asleep...which makes it hard to take care of the other two kids. It was a long afternoon/evening. So, finally when all the kids were asleep I sat down on the couch and saw this commercial. I have seen this commercial a few times....but this time, it was extremely funny. I definitely had thoughts that I did this to Momma P on Monday.....and I could definitely do this again, somedays!:)
Here are some random quotes around my house:
- Austin has been rotating between the kids (once they turn 2) taking them on a "date" once a month. It is a special 1:1 time that the kids truly value and look forward to. Drew hates it when it is Maddy's turn. So, today when Austin told Maddy she was going on a date...he came up to dad and looked him in the eyes and said, "But I LOVE you, daddy." And then proceeded to ask Maddy to stay home with mom....hmm, is staying home with me so bad?
- Recently when I pic up Drew at the nursery, the nursery workers tell me he is hilarious (which always makes me nervous about what he said or did). They recently told me that he has been saying "Mommy/Daddy says boys don't...." and he has learned that most people leave him alone if he start his sentence this way. Some examples are "Mommy says boys don't color" and "Mommy says boys don't dance". Interesting how he picked up on this.
- Whenever the kids are talking to me, I try to give them my full attention. But being a multi-tasker, I notice sometimes I am doing something and partially listening to the kids at the same time. Well, Drew has been quick to call me out. When I do this he says to me "Mommy, don't say uh-huh. Talk to me and use your words". Yikes, that makes me feel guilty instantly. But, I can guarantee I give him my full attention after he says that!:)
- Maddy is able to put her seat belt on by herself. I wait for her to put it on and she gives me the red or green light. Recently she wanted a change, because she asked "Can I say pink light instead of red light? I like that better."
- The other day Maddy pointed to the left side of her chest and asked "Is God here or here (pointing to the right side of her chest)? I thought it was so cute, since she has learned that God is in our heart.
**This reminds me of Naomi when she was a child. When Naomi came home from school one day, she told my mom "I learned that there is blood in my heart. But Jesus is in my heart, too. Does that mean that Jesus is bloody?" Kind of traumatizing for a kid....but I think she turned out semi-normal!:)
Maddy loved her face painting from our friend, Dawn, at Nolan's B-day party.
Jackson was crying on his bouncy seat, so Drew said "Don't cry, Jackson. You can play with my train." And placed the train on his chest. It was so sweet.
3 comments:
LOVE the pictures of your adorable children! I can't believe how Jackson is growing!
Can't wait to see you Monday/Tuesday!
Too funny. The commercial was hilarious. Too bad it wasn't that easy to really book a low low fare.
I was cracking up at the pink feathers around Jackson's head! I literally laughed out loud. I can't believe how old he looks already! I hope we can see you guys sometime soon.
Post a Comment