Sunday, January 25, 2009

25 Random Things About Me!

I got a note on Facebook, in which you were asked to share 25 random things about me. I have had so much fun reading about my friends random facts, habits, dreams etc. I thought you blog readers may enjoy getting to know some of my random-ness!:) Enjoy!

1. My most embarrassing moment in my childhood that stands out is when my mom caught me picking my nose and ate it (Don't judge...you know you have tried it before). My mom's punishment was to call my dad and tell him what I did. I was so embarrassed and cried uncontrollably while telling my dad. Looking back at it now...my dad (and mom) were probably laughing at me the whole time.
2. I remember being spanked only one time in my life. When I was around 5 or 6, I remember my dad caught me "dipping".... my bottom to the toilet water (um, yes, after I pooped). He picked me up, spanked me and told me never to do that again since it was dirty. Now that I think back to it, I think he spanked my bare bottom with his hand. Let's hope he washed his hands after he spanked me!
3. If somebody talks to me while I am sleeping, I will open my eyes and talk to them...but have no recollection of our conversation. This has been a reason for many fights with my sisters. My sisters would take advantage of this and ask to borrow my clothes when I was sleeping.
4. When I was in elementary school, I wanted a gerbil, since my neighbor had one. My mom got me a gerbil. I was so excited until I realized you had to touch it. We had it for one week and then gave him the freedom he deserved....by releasing him in a corn field.....um, near a busy street. I hope he's still doing okay.
5. My parents did not give me a middle name at birth (but they did for Tammy and Naomi...I think that's strange). So, in elementary school/middle school I told my parents it wasn't fair and I wanted one....so they let me pick a middle name. What's a girl to do?? Pick her best friends name at the time...Jennifer. So, all my legal documents were changed. I have never liked the flow of Jamie Jennifer so when I got married I dropped Jennifer and replaced it with my maiden name.
6. I, like, was, like, a cheerleader, in like, middle school. And I like, TOTALLY, broke my ankle, like, right before a cheerleading competition. I could have, like died. It, like, was so much drama.
7. I have several regrets during my high school years....but I am so thankful I went through some tough times in high school, because I wouldn't be the person I am today.
8. I played the cello. I was able to go to Europe to play in a world-wide competition with my orchestra.
9. There are two words I have always hated: moist and panties. It seriously makes my body cringe every time I hear those words.
10. My dad has been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease for almost 12 years. It has been a turbulent road. He is doing better than I would have expected for a 12 year diagnosis. But, I am finding it more difficult to relate to him and help him (especially with three kids around).
11. When I met Austin for the first time, we were introduced to each other but he played euchre the whole night with the guys. But I left that night and told my friend that for some reason I felt like Austin was the person I was going to marry. It took Austin a little longer to "see the light". (Austin would tell the story, that I stalked him until he said yes.)
12. I used to think that any family with more than 5 kids had to be a little "weird". But then I met Austin who came from a family of 10 kids....and my perspectives changed. I LOVE being a part of a big family....they are all amazing, especially Poppa and Momma P!
13. During my senior year of college, I only took 9 credit hours (all that I needed to graduate). So, I scheduled my classes for only Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and no classes before noon (I am a night owl and I LOVE sleeping in). Whenever I was bored I would sneak into Becky's room and play Dr. Mario (either alone or whoever would be willing to play me!).
14. On my wedding night, Austin and I slept in a hotel suite........between my new sister/brother-in-law AND my new mother/father-in-law. For those of you NOT married, make sure the hotel does not group your bridal suite reservation with everyone else with the same last name.
15. I got to sing with John Mellencamp at the Formula 1 race. Plus, I got a picture with Patti Labelle!
16. Within one week, I got my picture taken with the president (George W. Bush), and later that week found out I won a trip (flight and hotel accommodations) to Mexico to an exclusive resort, Las Alamandas (here is a review of the hotel http://www.travelassist.com/mag/a87.html) from Self Magazine. It's where Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston had their 2000 New Year's Eve Party. It was an amazing experience. It was a once in a lifetime experience.....4 endless beaches to ourself....I wish we were there now!
17. Austin and I got the best chocolate lab, Daisy, that was crate and house trained. She was trained by a couple who trains the assistant dogs....but Daisy never finished the community hours. We had her for a year or so, when we went on our trip to Mexico. Jarred, Austin's younger brother dog-sat for us and he fell in love with Daisy. Jarred asked to keep him a little longer and, let's just say, we see him on weekends and on holidays...over at Austin's parent's house. But we would take her back anytime.
18. My husband makes up and sings silly songs all the time and though I sometimes act like they annoy me, they secretly are my favorite thing and I hope he never stops! (took this one from Melanie!!:)
19. My husband dances at home (as if nobody is watching!) with my kids and it is the cutest thing.....even though he has no rhythm. I secretly love him dancing at home but thinks he should only do slow dances in public!:)
20. I love meeting new people and finding a way to connect with each person I meet.
21. I think everything tastes so much better when somebody else makes it (even though it is the same recipe).
22. I'm addicted to blogs. I love updating my blogs, reading my friends blogs, and finding new (saving money or motherhood) blogs.
23. I think it's normal...but other may think I'm a little OCD....I have my closet with the shirts facing the same direction, then organized by short/long sleeve, in ascending color schemes.....yeah, kind of like at Goodwill.
24. I love being a mom. They show me unconditional love; they keep me laughing; they show me my "ugly"-side, at times; and they make life interesting.
25. I love my husband. I truly believe we have a love that few people are lucky to experience. He spoils me, he is patient with me, he makes me laugh, he makes me cry, and he is always there for me.

No comments: