Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!


We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We have been lucky to spend time with great friends and family. Austin and I haven't "hyped up" Santa Claus. We have kept the focus of Christmas on being Jesus's birthday. But Drew has really enjoyed the Santa visits! Every time he asks Santa for candy canes. When Santa asked what toys he wants he say "just candy cane". :) Maddy could care less about Santa. But she did want Santa to bring her a Hula Hoop. Which, I'm glad she asked Santa, because if she asked us to buy one.....I would probably have to go to several stores, because it is out of season and not in high demand. But I wouldn't know from experience!:) Anyways, Austin and I hid the gifts in Austin's car until December 23. We wrapped all the gifts and looked around the house for places our kids never go. The only place the kids rarely go into is the guest bathroom. So, Austin put all the gifts in the bathtub and closed the curtain. Well, on Christmas eve, we put the kids to bed. A few minutes after we put the kids to bed Maddy told me she had to use the restroom. She usually goes in our bathroom but this time she decided to go to the guest bathroom. Well, after a few minutes I checked on her and tucked her into bed. As I was putting her in bed she whispered in my ear "Are those presents behind the curtains a surprise or what?" My heart sank. I didn't know what to say...so I said nothing at all. I was so frustrated....first of all because she is my daughter ( I was the worst offender of looking for gifts, unwrapping them and wrapping them up. I even perfected the look of surprise when opening gifts.) and because we didn't hide them back in Austin's car. Austin and I discussed our game plan for what we would say tomorrow morning when Maddy questioned the gifts from Santa....but luckily 4 years old don't question how gifts get there or who they are from. We have some lessons learned this year!:)

Here are a few pictures of Christmas parties and activities leading up to Christmas. This picture above and the video below was directed by Maddy. She organized the whole "re-enactment". We had to bribe Drew with a candy cane to be Joseph. He hates being in pictures (which is why I have very few pictures of him). It was so cute!:) Enjoy.


Maddy, Drew and Jack with Santa. Maddy asked Santa for a hula hoop and Drew asked Santa for a candy cane. I hope Santa can dig deep into his pockets this year for his gifts for our kids!:)

Maddy, Jack and me!

This picture was too good to pass up. Misty and Brooke sharing a "special" candy cane moment.

Here are some pictures of Baylor and Cooper's Christmas Party. Maddy had a great time with the crafts and the singing of carols. Drew had a great time playing with Baylor's trains and the visit from Santa.
Maddy working on her craft.
Cooper, Eli and Jack hanging out.
Jessie reading Christmas stories to the kids.
All of us had such a great time. Thanks Jessie, Baylor and Cooper for a great party.

Our small group had a great Christmas party. Tom cooked a wonderful brunch. And we had a fun white elephant gift exchange. We always have a great time with our group. Here's a picture of our gifts!:)
Megan, Jessie, Becky and Jamie
Aaron, Zach, Austin and Tom

2 comments:

Aaron, Mandy, Kayla, and Maren said...

I loved reading all of your updates, and am so happy everything is going well. Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to all of you!

Celebrating Life said...

that guy photo of the white elephant gift exchange is hilarious! Did you know that Isabel has the exact same Hello Kitty clock? Austin is lucky!

also, your Santa story is adorable!