Friday, October 05, 2007

I guess you'll have to be mad...

The other day, I was in the car driving when Andrew started fussing. So, keeping one hand on the wheel. I reached for a book and handed it to him...he threw it back down and kept crying. Then I handed him a sippy cup and he threw it back down. I handed him his sunglasses and he threw it back down. I had nothing else to give him and he was still crying and upset. So, getting frustrated myself and not being able to do anything since I was driving I said "I guess you'll have to be mad then."
Well, a few days later, Andrew was content playing with a toy and Maddy grabbed it (well, it was more like yanked it) out of Andrew's hand. Andrew started crying and she looked at him and said "I guess you'll have to be mad then, Andrew". I couldn't believe it. Who would have known Maddy would have used those words in that context. It made me regret that I ever said that! And it made me realize that I always have to be on guard around Maddy!:)

No comments: