Saturday, July 29, 2006

One Fish, Two Fish..... My Catfish!:)




Austin took a few days off so we could spend time with Austin's family at a lake house. We had so much fun! Maddy loved riding on the boat, especially because she got to sit on Grandpa's lap "helping" him drive!

All of us spent some time fishing, too. This was Maddy's first time fishing. She loved watching everyone put the bait on the hook and she especially loved it when somebody caught a fish. She definitely was not shy about touching the bait or the fish!:) Here is one picture of Maddy holding a small fish (used for bait). Right after we snapped the picture she kissed the fish!! I was screaming in disgust and she was giggling like crazy! It was pretty funny.

Every fish that was caught she wanted to touch, until Momma P caught a big catfish (~16 inches). Maddy was a little scared of the bigger fish. Momma P had the Midas touch in catching fish. She caught one after another, every day. Poor Poppa P hardly had any time to fish...by the time he helped put the bait on, Momma P would reel in another fish! I was very impressed with her skillz!!:) It reminded me of the fishing shows on TV...the fish were practically fighting to get onto her hook!
Well, I caught one fish the first day...which I was very proud of. It was the biggest fish I had ever caught (~8 inch Bass). Here is a picture:

You can tell by the way I handle the pole what a professional I am!:)Well, the next day, I just wanted to catch one fish. For a while the fish were getting free food since they kept taking my bait!!:) Finally, I rubbed Momma P's arm for good luck and before I knew it I had a fish at the end of the line. I could tell it was a big one! I kept reeling and reeling and it didn't feel like I would ever see the fish. My arm was getting so tired and I begged Austin to help me. But he wanted me to catch this fish on my own. So, right when I was ready to give up, I saw the fish come to the surface! I couldn't believe it. It was a beautiful catfish (~24 inches). Unfortunately, in the ruckus of catching the fish and handing over the camera, a fingerprint got on the camera lens, so part of the picture is a little blurry....but it's the only thing I have as proof!!:) So, here it is.....Austin, me and my big catfish!! It was so much fun!

All of us had so much fun spending time with family. I especially enjoyed hearing about Josie's mission trip to Brazil and talking to Erik about Seattle and his girlfriend, Lori. I can't wait to meet her in August. Maddy loved all the attention and love from everyone.

Andrew has been growing quickly over the last few weeks. He has two teeth at the bottom starting to cut through! He has been rolling over for a few weeks....but it wasn't until this week that he started to roll like a tumbleweed across the whole room. It's pretty cute! And he started eating rice cereal. He is almost ready to sit up on his own. He fights hard to stay sitting!:)
Andrew and Maddy are at a stage where they adore one another. Maddy loves to get Andrew to laugh (by playing peek-a-boo or jumping for him) and Andrew loves watching every move Maddy makes. It is a lot of fun to watch.

3 comments:

Jarrad, Misty, Jenna, Josie Odle said...

I can't believe you caught that big catfish!!! I'm impressed! Where do you guys go to the lake at? It looks like Lake Shafer. If so, we need to meet up there sometime together cause my grandparents have a place up there. Loved the pictures! I'm back to work on Monday :=(! Jenna has been going to day care this week. I'm adjusting well, but I just have to keep myself busy every second so I don't think about it. You gotta LOVE the smiles and giggles when she sees you again! She seems rather pleasant when she gets back home, so I have to think she isn't doing too bad at day care. Talk with you later...and love on those babies for me!

Anonymous said...

I am SO enjoying your blog. Your family is beautiful and I can't wait to meet Maddy at the Children's Museum and hopefully Andrew soon as well.
Have a great week!

Melanie

Anonymous said...

If only that fingerprint was a little bit more to the right on the picture, you would have had a true fishing story...

Steve