As many of you know I was inspired to start this blog because of Tricia E. Black(Teb). I wrote about this in my first journal entry back in August 2005. She was an acquaintance from high school. Many of you have asked how she has been doing from time to time, so I wanted to share the sad news that Tricia past away last night. I am not sure if anyone will continue to update her blog(http://www.tebspage.blogspot.com/). But her friends started a non-for-profit organization called Teb's Troops (http://www.tebstroops.org/). If any of you would like to make a donation for the fight against cancer, please consider going to this website and making a donation.
I did not know Tricia very well, but always looked up to her since high school because of her positive, fun loving attitude about life. Through her blog you can truly see what an amazing person she is. Tricia has a son (around Maddy's age) and was such an inspiration through her positive spirit throughout her fight against cancer. I know I enjoyed reading her blog entries through the ups and downs and will remember her for her love of life and the ones she loved. Please be praying for her friends and family during this difficut time! Thank you!
Wise words from Teb:
"Promise me that sometime in the next two weeks you will take at least one day off work and spend time with someone you love, even if it's time alone. It's summer, it's beautiful, I'm giving you two weeks and I want no excuses. Go for a date, go on a walk, volunteer at a shelter, drive to visit your cousin/mother-in-law/children/aunt or just sit outside and read a book. Do it. Enjoy your life. Embrace it. Don't sweat the small stuff. I woke up one morning and my life changed forever. But my life is not over. I love you all. Don't despair for me. There is always good in the bad. Let's find that good. And let's get moving." From her blog entry on May 31, 2005 (her first entry after her cancer diagnosis).
"Enjoy time with your families, count your blessings, perform a mitzvah/good deed just for the heck of it, and tell your spouse/partner/kid/friend/etc. that you love them." From her last blog entry, May 26, 2006
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment