Tonight I watched the CBS special based off of the book "Saving Milly". If I had watched this movie 11 years ago I would have probably watched the movie like a Hallmark movie......loving the cheesy love story overcoming the odds of a tough situation. But watching this movie was especially tough due to my dads diagnosis with Parkinson's disease. He was diagnosed 10 years ago this fall. Out of respect of my parent's request, I didn't share this with many people until recently. I started this blog to share and journal about life (the ups and downs) of my life and family. So, "I'm coming out". I'm sharing something that has grown to be a part of our lives, not by choice, but something we will embrace: Parkinson's Disease.
My dad's Parkinson's disease has progressed more in this last year. But he is staying active....especially in the lives of the grandchildren!:) I think his grandchildren are therapy for him. And you should see how Maddy's eyes light up when she sees "Ha Jee" (Abbreviated word for grandpa in Korean).
Parkinson's disease progression differs among patients. We have high hopes that dad will progress very slowly. My dad wants to be able to buy Maddy her first car when she turns 16, which we will not hold him to!:) But we have hopes that my dad will be there for Maddy's graduation and wedding. We will stay optimistic and will be there for my dad through his ups and downs.
I know many people handle trials in life differently. Throughout my life when I have gone through tough times I have held on to this verse "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4
It's late. I must go to bed!:) My little princess turns 2 tomorrow! I will put another entry within the next day or so for Maddy's birthday.
Sunday, July 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment