Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Austin and Jamie Throwback Edition - Part IV: The Honeymoon


Austin and I went to Hawaii for a 2 week honeymoon!  It was a wonderful, relaxing and romantic honeymoon.  We are so thankful for Kristi's parents who allowed us to stay at their condo in Maui and gave us all the info we needed to make this vacation wonderful.  Per Nancy's recommendation, we went to Honolulu for 3 days and stayed at the Royal Hawaiian.  The hotel was fancy.  The funny thing was it was an upscale hotel with everything pink...limo, cabinets, sheets, towels, shower curtains, walls, robes!  It was funny...especially seeing Austin in a pink robe, which I promise, he wore as a joke!:)  Our highlight of Honolulu was visiting Pearl Harbor.
After 3 days in Honolulu, we took a short flight to Maui and stayed there the remainder of our honeymoon.  We loved Maui. It was so quiet and so beautiful.....we watched the sun set across the ocean.  I loved the sound of the crashing waves, the feeling of the sand between my toes and just dreaming what our life was going to be like together.
One of the first nights that we were in Maui, we woke up at around 2am to go up a mountain and watch the sun rise.  We were above the clouds on the the mountain top and watched the sun rise above the crater. It was beautiful and so serene.  After we watched the sun rise, we took a 30 mile bike ride down Haleakala. It was scary at times, but so much fun!  A memorable experience.
Another day we did the "Road to Hana".  We rented a car and stopped at several waterfalls, in which we were crazy enough to jump off of one of them!!   That was probably the highlight of my trip. It was terrifying but once I was okay, it was fun!:)
Just writing about our honeymoon brings back so many great memories.  It was so relaxing.......and so worry-free.  Austin and I did not want the honeymoon to end.  But at the same time, we were excited to start our new life together.
Austin will hate that I am posting this!:)  I am laughing hysterically in this picture and he is thinking "I hope nobody ever sees this picture"...if only he knew that 10 years later I would post it!:)
 
Getting ready to go out to dinner!
 
Austin and I at a Hawaiian Luau.
 
Our last sunset in Hawaii

No comments: