Rehearsal:
I don't really have any memories that stand out for our rehearsal except that I wore pink (a Korean tradition).
Rehearsal Dinner:
One of my most treasured memory of my wedding weekend is the words my dad spoke at the rehearsal dinner. I am so thankful for Janice videotaping it for me. It captured a moment that was so special to me. The video is a little dark and my dad spoke very slowly so, I'll share the words my dad shared:
"Throughout Jamie's childhood, she would always say, 'I'm going to marry somebody like dad.' I think this is the best compliment a dad could get. I was really flattered. And one day, she said she found one. And as we met him and got to know him, we found him kind, forgiving, considerate, and not boasting. And if it sounds like I am reading 1 Corinthians 13, maybe he was reading and practicing this scripture from the bible because he was a man of that kind. I think there is nothing we could want for our future son-in-law. He exceeded our expectations. So, I am very excited about this special occasion."
Uh....I can't help but tear up watching the video again. It speaks the truth in 2 ways. First of all, he nailed it when I said growing up that I wanted to marry somebody like my dad. I remember being in elementary school and having an assignment on an unsung hero. And I wrote an essay on my dad being my unsung hero. He has lived the American Dream by hard work and perseverance. He grew up poor, but studied his way into scholarships to allow him the opportunity to go to medical school. He came to America with a suitcase and roughly $50. And he worked his way into fulfilling the American dream. He was always there to support us and wanted all of his girls to have our dreams fulfilled. He worked hard for us to not only provide our needs but to allow us to experience life through travel and a variety of opportunities. He was always my advocate and the peacemaker. I haver never ever questions his love for his family. He is devoted and committed. And I am so thankful for the example he set for me in my standard for a husband. Which leads me to the second truth that came out in the video: Austin and his character. I agree with everything my dad said about Austin and 1 Corinthians 13, but now after 10 years I am especially thankful for 1 Corinthians 13:7 "It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." I am thankful for Austin continuing to apply scripture into his life. It sets the tone in our marriage and has allowed our love to only grow stronger over the years.
Wedding:
It was one of the best days of my life. Everything went exactly as planned on our wedding day. It was a beautiful ceremony. And the reception had great food (well, so I heard...I didn't have time to eat!). They served hors d'oeurvres and had an open bar. They served salad, sorbet (to cleanse the palate.....fancy!:), then guest had a choice of chicken, steak or fish, and followed up with chocolate covered strawberries! It was amazing! The reception was a blast, because I loved seeing so many people on the dance floor!:) I think the DJ stayed longer than we contracted him because so many people were still around! It was picture perfect. It was a very special day and I am thankful for my parents who provided a dream wedding! I was sad to see the wedding end but was excited to start my new life together with Austin.
Well, there are 2 more things that I have to share about our wedding night
Rehearsal Dinner:
One of my most treasured memory of my wedding weekend is the words my dad spoke at the rehearsal dinner. I am so thankful for Janice videotaping it for me. It captured a moment that was so special to me. The video is a little dark and my dad spoke very slowly so, I'll share the words my dad shared:
"Throughout Jamie's childhood, she would always say, 'I'm going to marry somebody like dad.' I think this is the best compliment a dad could get. I was really flattered. And one day, she said she found one. And as we met him and got to know him, we found him kind, forgiving, considerate, and not boasting. And if it sounds like I am reading 1 Corinthians 13, maybe he was reading and practicing this scripture from the bible because he was a man of that kind. I think there is nothing we could want for our future son-in-law. He exceeded our expectations. So, I am very excited about this special occasion."
Uh....I can't help but tear up watching the video again. It speaks the truth in 2 ways. First of all, he nailed it when I said growing up that I wanted to marry somebody like my dad. I remember being in elementary school and having an assignment on an unsung hero. And I wrote an essay on my dad being my unsung hero. He has lived the American Dream by hard work and perseverance. He grew up poor, but studied his way into scholarships to allow him the opportunity to go to medical school. He came to America with a suitcase and roughly $50. And he worked his way into fulfilling the American dream. He was always there to support us and wanted all of his girls to have our dreams fulfilled. He worked hard for us to not only provide our needs but to allow us to experience life through travel and a variety of opportunities. He was always my advocate and the peacemaker. I haver never ever questions his love for his family. He is devoted and committed. And I am so thankful for the example he set for me in my standard for a husband. Which leads me to the second truth that came out in the video: Austin and his character. I agree with everything my dad said about Austin and 1 Corinthians 13, but now after 10 years I am especially thankful for 1 Corinthians 13:7 "It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." I am thankful for Austin continuing to apply scripture into his life. It sets the tone in our marriage and has allowed our love to only grow stronger over the years.
Wedding:
It was one of the best days of my life. Everything went exactly as planned on our wedding day. It was a beautiful ceremony. And the reception had great food (well, so I heard...I didn't have time to eat!). They served hors d'oeurvres and had an open bar. They served salad, sorbet (to cleanse the palate.....fancy!:), then guest had a choice of chicken, steak or fish, and followed up with chocolate covered strawberries! It was amazing! The reception was a blast, because I loved seeing so many people on the dance floor!:) I think the DJ stayed longer than we contracted him because so many people were still around! It was picture perfect. It was a very special day and I am thankful for my parents who provided a dream wedding! I was sad to see the wedding end but was excited to start my new life together with Austin.
Well, there are 2 more things that I have to share about our wedding night
- First of all, after the reception was coming to an end, Austin and I said our goodbyes to everyone and went to our Honeymoon Suite at the hotel that we had our reception. It was huge and wonderful! Well, since the reception was at a hotel and all of our family was staying at the hotel, they brought up all of our unopened wedding gifts to our suite. Well, if you know me, I am TERRIBLE with any unopened gifts. It eats me alive. When I was little I used to search all over for our Christmas gifts...I was successful most years and even perfected the unwrapping of the gift, followed by the re-wrapping, and then followed by (an Academy Award winning) surprised face when opening the gift on Christmas day. Well, I happen to wake up at 2am and thought it was a great time to see if Austin wanted to wake up and open all of our wedding gifts. So, Austin being the wonderful newlywed husband, sat half awake writing down what we got and from who (for our thank you notes) while I opened every single gift. Kind of crazy, now looking back.....okay, I'll clarify, I was kind of crazy, now looking back....but Austin still loved me anyway!
- Speaking of crazy, leads me to my second point!:) After the hustle and bustle of our wedding day (and the fact that we hardly got any sleep since we opened gifts instead) we slept in and made our way downstairs to say goodbye to our family before we headed for our honeymoon. Well, I didn't have to step far outside of our bedroom suite to find out that ALL of Austin's family was staying around us! Let me clarify, Austin's parents......my new mother-in-law and father-in-law stayed NEXT DOOR do our honeymoon suite and on the other side of our room was my brother and sister-in-law(love you, Tyler and Kristi:)! Not exactly the "closeness" I was looking forward to with my in-laws on my wedding night!:) I can laugh about it now, but I was not laughing about it that morning. So, for those of you that are unmarried.....make sure if there is a wedding block at a hotel, that you clearly state that the bride and groom should NOT be grouped with everyone with the same last name!:)
Love this picture! Me and my wonderful sisters!
Love this picture of Becky, Eileen and I! Having fun together ever since high school!:)
The moment I got the terrible phone call that my dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, my first thought was that I would be devastated if he wasn't the person walking me down the aisle at my wedding. So, having him by my side was especially sentimental.
Why am I the only person laughing? I have no clue, but I do LOVE this picture!:)
Outside of the hotel/reception
It was a tough debate...but I played nice during our cake cutting! But it was tempting to smear it all over his face!:)
Had to share one example of why I thought our photographer was terrible. This picture drives me nuts! I think the photographer either mistook Erik for the groom or he didn't think the groom should be in the middle. After 10 years, it still bothers me to see this picture!
Had to share one example of why I thought our photographer was terrible. This picture drives me nuts! I think the photographer either mistook Erik for the groom or he didn't think the groom should be in the middle. After 10 years, it still bothers me to see this picture!
Okay, I had to share one of several examples of the photographer's posed pictures of Austin and I! I guess some people may find it romantic for the bride to stare down at her bouquet while her groom stares at her from afar......















No comments:
Post a Comment