Friday, January 22, 2010

Drew Funnies!:)


(Not the greatest picture of him, but one of the only ones that I have recently)
I LOVE 3 years old. They say the greatest things!  Drew has grown up so much over the last few months. He says things every day that just make me laugh. I had to share a few!:) 
  • Last week, Maddy was at school and Jack was taking a nap. So, I made hot chocolate with LOTS of marshmallows (per Drew's request).  I always enjoy drinking a cup of hot chocolate with him and letting him talk.  For a 3 year old, he has so much to say.  Well, he had finished his hot chocolate and asked for some more.  And I told him that he had enough so, he started talking again.  While he was talking I noticed him slowly reach over to my cup and about to take a sip of my hot chocolate.  I was going to let him take an extra sip when he stopped and said "OH NO!"  I asked him what was wrong and he said, "Oh no, mom. I was about to covet......your hot chocolate."  I've been teaching Maddy the 10 commandments. I loved that Drew picked up on what covet meant!
  • Last night as we were putting the kids in bed, I asked who wants to pray first and Drew screamed "I will".  So, I said he could start.  And then he said, "Nevermind, I want to be last because the last will be the first in heaven". EVERYTHING is a contest with a 3 year old....but this has to be one of the most creative ways to be "first" for a 3 year old!:) I guess we all should have childlike faith!:)  
  • In the car Drew started talking about heaven and that he wanted to go there.  And I replied back "I can't wait to go to heaven, too"  And he responded back "But, mommy, I would miss you so much."  Oh, my heart sank and my eyes got a little "wet" thinking about how sweet my 3 year old boy is.  :)
  • Today in the car, Drew asked "Mommy, why do I keep growing?"  And I replied, "Because you are still a child and you will keep growing until you are a teenager."  And he replied, "Well, mommy are you going to keep growing?"  Oh I only wish:)  I simply answered, "No, mommy is done growing" and he replied "But you are still little". Thanks, Drew, for stating the obvious! I have been aware of my vertical challenge since I was your age!:)  Thanks for being honest!:)

    2 comments:

    Unknown said...

    What a sweetie! He is so cute. I think we should work on "covet" at our house.

    Dean, Mel, Ben and Joey said...

    what a sweet boy! I love your idea of teaching the 10 Commandments....had not (sadly) even occurred to me to tackle those yet and I'm thinking that might be just the ticket to help address some behavior problems we have been having in our house lately. Lots of coveting going around!!! thanks!