Sunday, September 25, 2011

Destin 2011 (Part I)



As many of you know, my dads ability to travel has diminished significantly due to his health....but before his diagnosis he had big dreams to travel.  So, as long as we are able my family wants to do trips together.  We know each trip could be the "last".  So, we started planning a trip to Florida so that we could spend time together AND my dad would be able to be a part of this vacation.  We knew he would enjoy being with the grandchildren and we knew the kids would have fun going to a beach.  So, we planned a trip to Destin. We decided to rent a home that was close to the beach with 6 bedrooms.  We had a private pool....and it was a perfect vacation! My dad was not "around" much during the trip but we were able to take some WONDERFUL pictures of the family on the beach. I'll post all the "portrait" pictures tomorrow. I am embarrassed to say how many pictures I took.....it was a lot!:)  So, I will spare you and share only my favorites!:) Enjoy!
 Our home....just across the beach from the public beach!
 Our wonderful kitchen!
 Our private pool
 The living room
 Jack's first time on the beach!  
 The boys loved the water!
 My dad came out on the beach the first morning we were there!
 Our first family photo on the beach!
 I have a crazy obsession with jumping pictures on the beach.....this is my first one I took!:)

 One of my favorite pictures!
 The things you do.......when you love your kids!:)
 Maddy, Nolen, Drew, Kate, Drew, Ava and Kate, Beach Buddies!
 Drew LOVED boogie boarding. He was our bravest one. Future surfer?
 He LOVED the beach





 I would not typically put a bikini picture.....but this one cracks me up!  My sisters and I have fun together:)


 We went on a beautiful hike one morning.....but it was HOT!

 We noticed at the end of the week, the seaweed was more prevalent so we had a little fun with it!:)
 Mustaches!
 Love this man!
 Love this pic!


 Drew loves Brooke!  
 I love oysters!  It was so yummy!
 Seriously, could this pirate look more "real"?:)  
Are you serious? Don't make me talk to the pirate!:)
 We took a walk on the Harbor Walk.  We had their pictures taken with the parrots.....luckily Jack didn't notice he was "missing out"!:) 
 Besides the fact that I look 7 months pregnant in this dress (which I apparently shouldn't wear again after seeing this picture)....I love this picture....one of our last nights in Destin  



 Our last night at the beach!
Our last family photo on the beach!  

No comments: