Saturday, September 24, 2011

Atlanta

On our way to Florida, we made a special stop to see my brother and sister in law.  It was my first time back to Atlanta since 1996 when I worked at the Olympics.  

 I sold Lemon Ice and Ben and Jerry Ice Cream Bars in high school for special occasions around town.  Well, I was asked to go to the Olympics the summer after I graduated.....all expenses paid by Coca Cola and Company.  I believe they paid for all travel, living expense and then paid us hourly as we worked the events.  It was a wonderful time with fun friends and I was able to watch....I mean, work the volleyball and soccer finals! The soccer fans were so much fun and it was an experience of a lifetime! I have pictures that I need to scan and share!:)

Well, we had a great time staying at Marshall and Janice's home for a few days.  Our kids had so much fun playing together and were so sad to leave one another.  
The first day we went to Centennial park with Janice, Joshua, Gabriel and Daniel.  It was hot out....so the kids had a great time playing in the water park. 

It was so different than my first experience there!:)
Joshua, Gabriel and Maddy
Jack had a blast!
Janice's brother in law works at CNN. So, we made a quick stop at the CNN building. 

We went to the famous The Varsity diner
Austin and the kids
Gabriel and Drew
Gabriel and Maddy
Sweet Daniel
And then there's Jack!:)
Jack was exhausted after a long day of play in the sun having fun!
Same with Drew!:)

The next day, Marshall took the day off work so we were able to go to a beautiful square. We let the kids play, walked around and browsed at the shops, and then got some gelatto! Yum!
I love this picture of Drew....he was obsessed with trains when he was 2!  Brings back memories.
Cousins
It was our 11th wedding anniversary so I had to take one picture of the two of us!:)
I am so thankful for Marshall and Janice for hosting our visit to Atlanta.  We had a great time. 
The last night the kids rolled down the hill over and over again.  They had a blast!
We had a great time in Atlanta....now it's time to run to Florida!

No comments: