Between having Ava over, dropping/picking up the kids from school and then nap time, it hasn't left me much time to get anything done beyond taking care of the kids. So, tonight it kind of hit me all the things that have been going on in many of my friends and family's lives.
Austin and I are preparing to go to Austin's grandpa's memorial service on Saturday. It is strange how we found out about his death a few weeks ago and we were all so sad the whole weekend. We would randomly share memories and qualities we loved and appreciated about him. But as soon as Monday rolled around we all got busy with the trip and our everyday lives (esp. since the memorial was not going to be for a few weeks). But packing for the trip brought it back to reality. We are going to enjoy seeing family but it is going to be a tough weekend.
On top of that, I have had 5 friends share some sad news. It has been very difficult for me because in all five circumstances, I feel like I haven't been able to give the support that I would like to give during this difficult time......the best that I can do is pray. And I have been praying a lot this week. I won't name any names, but I would love for people to pray for a friend's marriage, another friend's father past away, another friend's father is sick (his health is fading and they aren't sure if he has much longer to live) and another friend's mom just got diagnosed with cancer(Pray for my friend. She is the most giving, unselfish person. She has a lot on her shoulders and can't do it alone:( Her mom got diagnosed last week and she started chemo this week. My friend will be taking her mom every day for her treatment and Dr. appointments....on top of her own business, needing to find childcare since her mom watched the kids, taking care of her dad who lives with her and taking care of her 2 boys since her husband travels a lot. It makes me exhausted thinking about it, so I know how difficult things must be. :( Hang in there, girl. I pray God gives you the strength....I know we haven't been able to connect much, but please know I am praying and thinking of you a lot this week. And last, but definitely not least, my sister-in-law's father was diagnosed with prostrate cancer. They were able to catch it early but it is an aggresive form of cancer.
I am finding it so strange, because although it is not necessarily me going through the pain and sadness through these difficult times. It's my close friends and family.....and I don't like it! I'm hoping for a turn of events for the better in these next few weeks.
On a lighter note, I have to share 2 things:
- Here is my conversation with Drew today:
Drew: Why does daddy have to go to work everyday?
Me: So, he can make some money.
Drew: Make some money for me?
Me: Well, for our family. So, we can have clothes, food and other things that we need.
Drew: Well, then I won't spend any more money.
Me: You promise?
Drew: No.
(At least he's honest!:) - My kids have had post-Disney syndrome. Every time we go over a hill, or I make a quick turn (probably happens more than it should:) my kids raise their hands and scream like they are on a roller coaster ride. And I love it when I say I love you to Drew. And he responds "I love you all the way to Disney and back". How sweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment