My friend Amy was the first to get married. She is a close friend from work. We actually met when I was recruiting for my company and have kept in touch since then. She is so genuine and a lot of fun to be around. When we meet for lunch, I know my abs will get a work out since we laugh most of the hour. (I thought I was pretty funny, until I met Amy!) Well, her wedding was so amazing. I never got a chance to meet Michael before the wedding, so it was neat to "get to know" him throughout the wedding. As Amy's dad, the maid of honor, and the best man shared their toasts....it was so evident the kind of character Michael had and what a great match they are for each other. Amy is such a special friend so it was nice to know she is in good hands. :) Amy, thanks for letting us be a part of your special day. I am going to miss having you here.
The next friend to get married is Laura. She is a sorority sister from college, but I have known her since high school. We have had some fun and crazy times together...several prank calls, goofy pictures, the bucket at Nicks,etc. In so many ways Laura and I are very different. But throughout these differences something has kept us together and I'm so glad we have kept in touch. Austin and I have enjoyed getting to know Jason...it is so nice to see a couple complement each other so well. Their wedding was small, intimate and beautiful. One of my favorite parts of the night was when her dad shared his speech (well, sort of...his friend read it since he got emotional at Laura's brother's wedding!). It was the sweetest speech/toast......I could not help but shed a tear! One other thing that I think is so special about the wedding day was to see Laura's parents. Her parents got a divorce and several years later they "re-kindled" their love and got re-married. Laura's parents is one of the few examples that I have heard in which this has happened. I think it is so special and I loved seeing them together.
No comments:
Post a Comment