Tuesday, August 05, 2008

My Life with Toddlers...

I had a few minutes....so I thought I would share some of the "adventures" of being a mom. Enjoy.

  • Why is it that....when doing laundry, the two males in the family are the ones that leave "surprises" in their pocket. One always places rocks in his pockets. The other leaves, chapstick, pens and gum. I'm not going to name any names....I'm not like that. :) But for some strange reason, I think one is cute for doing this and the other, well, I don't think is cute......but I love both of them anyways.
  • The other day, I was in the process of getting Maddy and Drew ready for their nap. I was expecting a work conference call in a few minutes so I was feeling a little pressure to hurry up and get them to their rooms for their nap. Well, after Maddy continually stalled with every excuse she could think of. I told her she better hurry up and get in her room or I would carry her in there. Well, she appeared in front of me and simply stated "Mommy, I don't like that voice. I want your nice voice back". I couldn't help but laugh and feel extremely guilty. Aren't kids the greatest?
  • Drew has always been an extremely easy child (so far). We have been so blessed. He has rarely been disciplined until recently. We have been learning the hard lesson of sharing. In many ways he is an only child when it comes to his toys (mainly his cars and trains). Well, we have gone to the Children's Museum and other friends house and he has really had a hard time sharing these things with other kids. So, he has spent a lot of time in time out and Austin and I have been talking with him several times a day about the importance of sharing. The other night, he was praying and said "Thank you for my cars and trains. And thank you for not sharing them today." In which I interupted him and said, "No, no you need to share your cars and trains with other boys and girls" and he responded "I don't want to, mom.." and went on with his prayer "Thank you for Mommy, Daddy, Maddy, and baby. Help me be a good boy. Amen". At least he knows what he is thankful for and what he is not thankful for. Hmmm...I think this will be a process.

1 comment:

Susan said...

OMG- your kids are the cutest!! they say the sweetest things!!