Sunday, May 18, 2008

May Gray, June Gloom

Earlier this month, Austin and I got to enjoy a trip to San Diego with Erik and Lori. Lori and I picked southern California because we wanted to go to a place we could enjoy the beach and get a little sun! Well, apparently there is something called "May Gray, June Gloom". Well, we got the memo a little too late and we experienced May Gray! The weather was not what we had expected (overcast and lower 60s) but the trip was a great time to spend with Erik and Lori and with my friends and family in San Diego.
Our weekend began in the OCs where we attended a Family Life Marriage Conference. Austin and I have used this time to do a "State of the Union" for our marriage and family. It is always a great time for us to resolve conflict, reminisce over the year, set goals for our family and dream about our future. I am thankful for that opportunity every year. I truly believe it has been the key to our marriage!
On Sunday we headed to San Diego. Monday was the highlight of the trip. We met my friend from college, Kristin, and Erik's friend, Andy, for a hike at Torrey Pines (which had a beautiful view of the Ocean). The view was so beautiful and it was so nice to catch up with Kristin.
On Monday evening we enjoyed a great dinner at my cousins Dan and Susan's house. It was great to see Isabel and Matthew again...it's been almost 8 years! And I got to meet Rachel for the first time. My other cousin Tom and his wife Jane came with their two sons Andrew and Noah. I had so much fun catching up with everyone and did not want the night to end. It went by too quickly. But I felt so bless to have the time to see them again! Thank you Dan and Susan for hosting a wonderful night! And thank you Tom and Jane for coming out to see us. We had so much fun!
The trip went by quickly and it was a great time to spend in fellowship of great friends and family!
Enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

Celebrating Life said...

wow! those photos at the beach are beautiful!! we had a blast with you guys here. I already miss you guys so much.