Thursday, May 15, 2008

Maddy, Drew and Mr. Toad



Austin and I went for a walk the other night and I caught a toad just chillin' by the sidewalk. I was ready to sprint home and pretend I never saw it...but Austin saw an opportunity to have a new adventure with Maddy and Drew. The next day Austin had to work, so at 7 in the morning when the kids woke up we took them outside to meet Mr. Toad!:) Here is the video of their exciting adventure.
I promise, no animals were harmed during the filming of this video!:) We put the toad in our backyard by the lake.

On another note, we had a death in the "family". Our loyal pet, Beta, the Beta fish passed away this week. We think the kids took it well. Maddy just tells everyone that Beta is in the toilet. And Drew just asks "Where is fishy?" every few days. And I just ignore him. I'm kidding, he hasn't really noticed. They were real tight!:) Beta lived almost a year. He was a great pet and we are going to miss him! :)

2 comments:

Celebrating Life said...

Jamie,
your kids are just so adorable!! I want to give them a big hug and a kiss!!I love it when they giggle.

ben said...

Don't teach Maddy and Drew bad habits. Actually, that was a toad and he doesn't live in ponds. Your flower garden would have been a great spot for him. Toads eat a lot of pests. It was good to show it to them.