Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Think! Think! Think!

Hey all,
Due to the inches of snow we have had over the last few weeks, we have stayed home more than we ever have......which has led to Maddy watching a little more tv than she is used to. Her favorite video is the classic Winnie the Pooh movie. She has enjoyed it so much that she applies everything....and I mean everything to Pooh. Here are some examples:

- She couldn't get something out of the toy box and she said "Oh Bother". I started laughing and she smiled and said......"I said Oh Bother, just like Pooh!"
- When eating foods she doesn't like, she will pretend to spit it out and say "Tiggers don't like avocado!"
- Maddy woke up from her nap the other day and I was wearing workout clothes. And she asked what I was doing and I told her I exercised. She said "Just like Winnie the Pooh" And she stretched up and then touched her toe while singing "Up, down exercise"......just like in the movie.
- My dad was over a few weeks ago and was talking but took a little more time to say what he was thinking. Well, Maddy said to me "What's Ha-Je (Shorten name for grandfather in Korean) doing?" and I replied "Oh, he's just thinking". And she simply replied "Just like Pooh. Think. Think. Think." as she pointed to her head.

As you can tell, when she gets into things....she applies it to all aspects of her life!!:) She is talking so much....everyone who is around her knows that her vocabulary and verbal skills are above the average, but within the last week she has started to stutter on occasion which really has concerned me. But I know it is a common phase at her age. It is so hard to see her talk so fluently a few weeks ago and then all of a sudden hearing her struggle to start a sentence! I can see her mind racing faster than she can get out the words....so hopefully the phase will end as abruptly as it started! Until then, I'll give her some time to Think! Think! Think! :)

1 comment:

Dean, Mel, Ben and Joey said...

Hey! I just read your blog and wanted to let you know that we, too, have struggled a bit on and off with Ben stuttering. It seems to come and go and I think you are totally right when you say she is just thinking faster than she can form the words!

Just wanted to share...I know it always makes me feel better when other people can relate to my "issues."