As many of you know both Maddy and I were lucky to be a part of the wedding. Maddy was a flower girl with Lydia and I got to be one of the 10 bridesmaids! I had full confidence she would look adorable!:) But had lots of doubts on whether she would go down the aisle. The last few weeks she has become shy and would cry the second we dropped her off at the preschool room for church. So, we had no clue what to expect. We went to the rehearsal and the moment she saw Lydia she turned to Miss Social. Seriously, it was as if she drank a 2 liter of Mountain Dew. She was hyper! The rehearsal was perfect. She did so well and loved being with Lydia. We put her to bed early on Friday night so she would get her much needed beauties rest for her big debut. She slept 13 hours that night!:) The day of the wedding we put Maddy down for a nap and she would not go to sleep. She knew the wedding was today after her nap, so I think she was too excited to sleep! I didn't know what to expect because Maddy has always been such a girl of structure and one who needs her rest! I was ready for anything. The moment we got back to the church she was super hyper!! She was so ready for the debut! And she got to meet the ring bearer, Gabe. He was adorable!! I must say Maddy did not warm up to Gabe right away (probably because she had to share her time with Lydia), but once they played Ring-around-the-Rosie there was an instant bond!:) Here is a picture with the three of them.
Well, the wedding started and I went down the aisle. I could see that there was a lot of convincing going on in the back. After a long pause, finally, I saw 3 little heads bobbing down the aisle! It was so cute! The three of them were slowly going down the aisle, not doing their job....throwing the flower petals. Instead they were staring at each person in the pews, trying to figure out why the people were staring at them! It was priceless. I know we are suppose to be humble and we should try not to brag about our kids, but it's my blog so I have to say.......they were the cutest kids ever!! :)
Well, then the moment all of us were waiting for happened Becky came down the aisle and there were instant tears from the whole bridal party. She looked stunning! I think one of the neatest things for me was that I have known Becky for a long time (~14 years). And I remember back in high school having talks about getting married and who we would marry. I always remember Becky saying the most important thing was his love for Jesus. And she had a long, very long list of criteria for her future husband.:) She set high standards for herself. And in high school getting married was always a dream for me but nothing I thought thoroughly on who I was going to marry. I truly admired her for setting standards and learned to do the same during my college years. So, when I saw her, it was emotional for me to see her come down the aisle. I thought about how amazing it was that God had picked this time and person to be her husband. And how the wait is worth it when waiting for God's provision. They are an amazing couple. They complement each other so well. And they both have a great love of people and friendships. I am so happy for the two of them and pray for God's blessing for their life, marriage and family! Becky, it was the perfect wedding! Thank you for letting Maddy and I be a part of it.
Before I sign off. I have to add one more thing. Tammy and Steve were so gracious to watch Andrew during the ceremony. As many of you know we are blessed to have Steve as part of our family. But as we all know everyone has their faults. And Steve (being from Minnesota) is a big Vikings fan (BOO!). It is amazing that such a great guy would have such a downfall. So, this morning, I woke up and checked e-mail to find pictures they took of Andrew while babysitting him. They violated Andrew like I never would have imagined. Here is one of the pictures that was sent below. Andrew woke up and told me how embarrassed and traumatized he was. It may take years to get over this experience!!:)

Here are the rest of the wedding photos. I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted to since I was busy with Maddy. So, if I get a hold of other pictures I am going to post a couple more later! Enjoy!










No comments:
Post a Comment