Monday, August 28, 2006

Living Life to the Full

I couldn't sleep so I thought I would log on and add an entry to the blog. Blog writing can be dangerous when writing late at night and with a lack of sleep over the last few weeks!:)
Tonight I felt a wave of emotions over the loss of Tricia, the plane crash of an old friend Jeremy and the progression of Parkinson's in my dad's life. All of these feelings came to me as I was lying in bed, trying to fall asleep. Earlier today, I had a family member mention to me that she read Tricia's blog and wept for her loss, my sister called me and shared the news about Jeremy (since she knew that I used to be friends with him from my tennis years) and my dad shared some of the symptoms that have made his life more difficult today. All of these things made me weep for sadness for a moment. But more than anything it made me realize how life can change in an instant. As Tricia's cancer progressed she reminded everyone to live life and never take for granted the ones you love. I am reminded of a passage in scripture (which is the theme for MOPS this year). John 10:10 "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
For twenty years of my life I can say that I was searching for that feeling of "fullness" in my life. But it wasn't until I made a decision to become a Christian that my life was changed. And since then, no matter what situation comes my way I have handled difficulties and trials in a whole new way. I have confidence in a much bigger picture, which is beyond the things I see with my eyes in this world. So, although I feel an overwhelming sense of sadness, I am so blessed to feel "full" because of my faith, my family and my friends.

Okay, since this blog entry was a little sad and sentimental I have to end with a funny story. As many of you know Andrew has always been a good sleeper. So, for the past 6 months I haven't had a lot of "sleepless" nights. He typically sleeps from 7pm to 7am. Well, because of the busy-ness over the last two weeks I have not had enough sleep. Last night, Andrew kept waking up in the middle of the night. He woke up at 10, 1 and 4! Well, in between one of these feedings Austin woke up and found me sitting in the middle of the bed (I was truly sleeping because I do not remember this!!). Well, I was not just sitting in the middle of the bed. I was patting/burping Austin!! Yes, yes, you can laugh and make fun of me! The scary part of it all is I really don't remember doing it. I slightly remember Austin asking "What are you doing?" And I think I replied "I'm burping him". Thank goodness both Maddy and Andrew have been good sleepers. Who knows what else I would be capable of doing in my sleep!
Well, it is past midnight and now we all know....that I need my beauty's rest! Good night!

No comments: