Maddy has been learning so much each day. She loves her freedom. She loves being able to communicate to us both using sign language and talking. Her favorite sign is "Please" (she rubs her belly). Anytime she wants something, she says "please".... which is so adorable. Maddy has recently started going to a home daycare. Jackie (the daycare provider) said Maddy is one of the funniest kids she has (obviously, we knew that already!:) Apparently, every time either Jackie or Stacy (the assistant) goes to the kitchen...Maddy is always right behind them. And she knows where all the snacks are so she goes in there, points to her milk and/or the snacks and says "please". Could she be any cuter? :)
Austin is enjoying his new job... although I know he misses being able to spend as much time with Maddy! I am convinced Austin is one of the best dad's. I may be a little biased. But honestly, he has always been so involved in Maddy's life. He has probably changed more diapers than I have, he is constantly reading and playing with her when he has the chance. She is a lucky girl.
Austin and I are constantly teaching her new things each day. I have focused on letting her press the button to close the garage, coloring, identifying her colors, etc. Austin has had one focus this last week. Teaching Maddy to throw away her own diapers!! I would have never thought to teach her that at 14 months, but Austin, the practical man that he is did. It has been so funny to see. Maddy only needed to have her dad show her where the diapers go a few times... and now, after I change her diaper... she grabs it and walks straight to the trashcan... dumps it in. And that's not the funniest part, she walks away and smiles, proud as can be like she has conquered the world. And I'll let her continue to think she has!!:)
Isn't she the cutest girl in the world? We think so!:)
The Approach...
And she dunks....
And the crowd goes WILD!!



3 comments:
Maddy is absolutely adorable...I can totally picture her proud to throw her diaper away!! We pray Lil P is just as healthy and beautiful as little Maddy!
Love,Tammy :)
Maddy is hilarious! I love the pictures! Thanks for sharing them! Glad to know you all are doing well!
Love, Amy
How cute!!
She does look so proud in the last picture. Way to go Maddy!!
Serena's mom
Post a Comment