Well, we were on our way home from a longer car ride when Maddy screamed "I know....let's play a game". In which I couldn't help but sink into my chair and wish I could ignore her....I know, not the best "mom response"! Go ahead and judge!:) I was expecting her to say Riddley Riddley Ree....but she said "Let's play the quiet game!". In which I responded excitedly "That's a great idea, Maddy....why didn't I think of that!!". Austin and I looked at each other with relief and enjoyed a few minutes of the car ride in silence.
Drew "broke" the silence after a couple of minutes...in which Maddy yelled "Awww, Drew, you lost! Now the contest is between Mommy and Daddy, Drew! Who's going to win?" Austin and I looked at each other and laughed.....at the thought that the joke was on us. But still neither of us dared to "break the silence". Maddy quickly responded "I hear sniffling and laughing, you can't do that if you are going to win". At that point, Austin and I were really fighting it to not laugh out loud. I tell you, it is hard playing any game, with a 3 year old play by play commentator. The game didn't go as we expected but we enjoyed the silence anyways....even if it meant that we couldn't talk. Maddy definitely makes our life interesting!
On another note, my belly is slowly expanding. And it is a constant reminder for the kids that there is a baby in mommy's belly. So, throughout the day, the kids will come up to my belly and say "Hi baby! I can't wait to see you!" Then run off and play. Well, today, Maddy and Drew were eating Kix for an afternoon snack and Drew said "I know, I'll feed the baby!" I had no clue what that meant. So, I just watched to see what he would do. He came up to me, lifted up my shirt and stuffed 2 Kix in my belly button.....then put my shirt back down and walked away. I couldn't believe it. I thought it was hilarious!
Here a short video clip and pictures from this past month. Enjoy!
Austin has a program on his computer called the "Whoopee Cushion". It's high class entertainment for the kids!:)
Maddy and Drew had so much fun riding his new John Deere!
Maddy and Drew enjoyed a nice dinner with Austin and Ella!
Here are our good friends Bend and Lesley. We were cracking up that Austin and I were sitting on the big couch by ourselves.....and looked over to see this!
Maddy adores Austin and will do anything to impress him!:)
We ended up buying a John Deere Gator from a neighbor. The kids have had so much fun riding it...but watch out, if Drew is "driving"......seriously.
And then he would spit it out in the pool....I know, our pool was real sanitary!:)
1 comment:
Who actually won the quiet game between you and Austin? And it is pretty impressive that two Kix fit in your belly button. That was such a hilarious story.
Post a Comment