Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Nate and Kate's Wedding

Hi everyone,
What a busy two weeks it has been. When we got back from Erik and Lori's wedding, my sister, Naomi got admitted to the hospital and had sepsis (a life threatening illness). After Naomi got discharged, I heard of two people who had died from sepsis. So, I looked up the death rate and it is a 40% death rate. I am so glad I didn't know that the week Naomi was in the hospital. It was a good reminder of how lucky we are to have Naomi pull through the infection and to have her here. It has been fun having her "back" and planning her wedding!:)
Well, this past weekend we had the last of the three weddings on Austin's side. It was fun to have Erik, Lori and Marshall come over to our house on Thursday night. It was so special to spend time together...especially since all three of them live so far away!
Nate and Kate had a beautiful wedding on Saturday. The church and the reception (city statehouse) was so beautiful. I have tons of pictures (including some from Marshall and Erik). I had to make another "special" video/slideshow. I took one picture of Austin and it reminded me of a Senior portrait...so we had a little fun taking some cheesy shots. And once again, I have to make a special slideshow for Maddy because she was not camera shy....Marshall took too many cute action shots of Maddy!:) They were too good to pass up.
Oh and before I forget to mention...the wedding was going to be adult only so I had my parents babysit Drew. So, he is not in any of the pictures. He got some special one on one time which he enjoyed very much!:)
P.S. Before we went to the wedding Maddy asked me if "the prince" was going to be at the wedding. I told her that John would not be at this wedding. In which she replied, "Can we ask him to come? Let's call him!". I had to break the news to her that "the prince" couldn't travel around to all the weddings!:) If only we all had a prince to call up and dance with at weddings!:)

3 comments:

Josie said...

I'm lovin' it! The pics are great! Thanks for putting them together.

poppaone said...

Nice job Jamie!!!

Dean, Mel, Ben and Joey said...

I am so glad Naomi is doing ok now. How scary! We were so sad to miss the museum class this week and hope you had fun. Hope to see you soon!