Friday, August 17, 2007

The Dog Days of Summer

Hey everyone,
I can't believe the summer is almost over! We have had a great time enjoying the beautiful weather and getting together with friends and family.
I have to share that Andrew has grown up so much this summer. He is a climber....which has kept me on my toes! This has been a hard transition for Maddy, because in the past Maddy used to put any toys/books she didn't want Andrew to play with on top of the table or counter. But this no longer works. So, in Maddy's world Andrew has been tormenting her all summer long!:) I personally have found it a little humorous to see Andrew hold his own! He is starting to talk a little more. I love this stage when a child can learn several new words each day! It's amazing.
Well, part of my summer I feel like I have been playing hide and seek. Although, I don't think this was meant to be an intentional game. Andrew is a stuffer, so I tend to find things in places he believes needs to be filled!:) For example, I find Cheerios/Kix stuffed in just about any hole that it fits, letter magnets and toy credit cards down the air vent registers and I have found my cell phone in the toy microwave. Andrew is not the only one who leaves me these "surprises". For example, I was cooking dinner and about to reach in the vegetable drawer to find a pink tutu in the drawer!:) Maddy has started to hide things (stickers, her hair rubber bands) in the refrigerator since she knows Andrew can't open the door. So, these things have made my days interesting.
By popular demand I have one more video of Maddy's interpretive dancing! But I have to note one more thing, Maddy has gone through a semi-naked phase. I have heard a lot of kids go through this...so hopefully this is a phase or maybe it's her way to relief herself from the heat we have had. Either way, here is Maddy in her tutu!:)


Here are a few pictures with Austin giving Maddy a ride! Aren't they cute together?

Andrew then wanted to take Ella on a ride as well!:)

And here is a picture of a playdate I had a few weeks ago. Beth came with her triplets and Anna came with her two girls. Andrew enjoyed being around all these adorable girls!:)
Steph, Ella, Maddy, Sarah, Andrew, Megan, Anna and Ashley

Andrew doing what he does best: eating!


We have a friend from church who is a clown, so we visited a local restaurant which she was doing free face painting. Maddy got her face painted. She loved it!

Austin and I took the kids to the state fair and ran into Rupert, from Survivor. Maddy and I got our picture taken with him. Don't we look like long lost friends!:) I think Maddy was a little scared of the beard!

No comments: