I have had a few things that I have wanted to update on the blog but things have been very busy at our household. Two weekends ago, we had a busy but fun weekend!
On Friday, I babysat for my friend's twins, Alex and Emma. Maddy had fun having friends over for the whole day! I think the best part of her day was when I put on her "dancing music". She was delighted to have friends to join in on her dance party. Which was not "Black Tie" attire, but rather "Pull-Up On Head Only". I was lucky to have my camera close by to tape a short clip of the initial "initiation" to the dance party. Emma was openly accepting in the attire. Alex, on the other hand, needed a little convincing. Here's what I caught on tape:
Alex graciously accepted the Pull-Up and here are a few pictures after the dance party ended!:)

Pull-Ups: $.47 Each
Dance Music CD: $9.99
Friends Willing to Wear Pull-Ups on Their Head For You: Priceless

Saturday was a busy but fun day. I was looking forward to getting together with some work friends. We met at Alicia's new home, which was beautiful! We brought her a housewarming gift.......6 kids under the age of 2! It was a little chaotic but a lot of fun to catch up and just be together. I was sad I could only stay for a short time, but I got one picture of all the kids! Maddy went over to my parent's house during this time, so Andrew got to play with Jenna, Charlie, Stephanie, Ella and Sarah.

After this we went straight to Nolan's 2nd birthday party. I unfortunately did not take any pictures. I have one picture from Naomi, in which Nolan insisted that Austin join in on the festivities by wearing an Elmo hat!

During Nolan's party, one of Tammy's close friends told me some tips about potty training. I tried them at the party...and since then Maddy has done so well! She has managed to stay dry for most of the week. There is only one "thing" she does not want to do in the toilet! I am hoping she will start going in the toilet soon! We'll see. Either way, I'm so excited about this transition. I personally think that potty training is one of my least favorite things "to do" as a parent. But I have to think of the end goal!! No more diapers!! I have to share one "potty picture"....isn't she so cute!:)

Well, I think that is all for now. Austin went to Washington DC to visit his friend Josh this weekend. I am so glad he was able to go out there and spend some time with Josh. I can't even begin to tell you what an amazing person he is. I believe I have only met him once, but being a faithful reader of his blog...I am so amazed at his courage and his positive spirit. I have been drawn to both Tricia and Josh's blog because they both have been through so much in their life. And through their trials in life, they stayed positive and clung to those they loved. I know I can never fully understand each of their situations....but I can only hope that I would do the same and take the time to be thankful for all the blessings in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment