Saturday, June 17, 2006

Who Me? Couldn't Be!

I have to share what happened tonight. I wish I could have taken a picture. Maddy's face was priceless.

Austin and I put Maddy to bed at 7pm. She went to sleep for an hour and woke up at 8. We heard her talking but assumed she would go back to sleep. But 15 minutes later, we heard her screaming/crying. I went in there to find almost every single book off of Maddy's bookshelf in her bed (and she has A LOT of books). Her bed was full of books with hardly any space for her to even sit and she was sitting in the middle of it. (Don't ask me how she got in the middle of it!! I have no clue how she did it.) Anyways, her facial expression was priceless. She was crying and looked thoroughly confused as if A) She didn't know how all the books got on her bed and B) How do you expect me to sleep with all these books on my bed.
I didn't know what to do! I was laughing so hard....but trying to keep a stern face so that she would not try it again. But I could not stop laughing. So, I did what any mother would do.....called on dad to step in. So, Austin and I took all the books off the bed and he sternly told her "No more books". (We haven't had any problems with her getting out of her bed to get books since the January 25 blog entry!) But the funniest part of it all was the look on her face. She thoroughly looked confused on how all the books got on the bed. She almost had me convinced that I should be searching for somebody who tried to "frame her".

No comments: