- I have been working with Maddy to say "Bless you" when somebody sneezes. Well, she is very good at saying "Bless you", it's just that she says it when anybody makes any body noises! We'll keep working on it.
- Maddy loves to share her food with everyone, including Andrew. Once when I was holding Andrew in my arms, I looked down to find Maddy had stuck a piece of cereal, Kix, in his mouth. Seeing a newborn with a Kix in his mouth is a scary, but funny sight. Needless to say, I have to keep a very close eye on both Maddy and Andrew!
- Maddy loves to help mom out in many activities throughout the day. One of her favorite is helping me burp Andrew. I can't figure out if she likes it because she is helping me or because it's her chance to hit Andrew on the back!!:) To her credit, she also helps wipe his mouth when he spits up and I often find her patting him gently on his belly when he begins to cry.
- Maddy loves to teach Andrew the ropes. The other day, I found Maddy putting the toy phone on Andrew's ear. I took a picture of it. He played along for a while, but he let Maddy know when he had enough.


- The other day, I was putting away the dishes and noticed that Maddy was quiet. In fear that she was getting into trouble I looked for her around the corner. To find her in Andrew's bouncy seat. First of all, there's got to be a weight limit, and I'm sure Maddy has surpassed it, because she was practically weighing down the seat to the ground! It was a funny sight because Maddy was laid back with her legs crossed reading a Parents magazine (one of her new favorite activities). Here is a picture of how I found her.

- Today Maddy called out for Dad after her nap. I went and got her out of bed, but clearly, she just wanted dad. So, she walked out to the family room to find Dad lying on the couch with Andrew on his chest. Clearly, she was not happy with this. Because she pointed at Andrew and said "Night, Night” and led dad straight to Andrew’s crib. Since Andrew was sleeping Austin put Andrew down in his crib. The second he put Andrew down, she laughed and asked dad to pick her up. Amazing! Moments like this remind us how well she has adjusted to having Andrew at home, but that she continues to need special attention/loving whenever possible!
I know I have forgotten some stories, but I am sure there will be plenty more!:) The fun never ends with a toddler at home!:)
2 comments:
Jamie -
These are great! You have made me laugh! Thanks for sharing these!
We miss you guys,
The other Potters
Hehe! I love the stories. I can't wait to hear more of them and see the pictures. You must have a camera ready at all times to capture these special moments. Miss you and looking forward to meeting Andrew.
Amy
Post a Comment