Monday, March 20, 2006
Andrew Update
Maddy tends to dominate the blog....so I thought I would give an update on Andrew.
He continues to be the "dream baby"...the one that everyone wishes they had. Okay, maybe every parent says that about their own child. But hear me out....as far as the sleepless nights, we haven't really had one. Ever since we brought him home from the hospital he has slept through the night (except one feeding at 2am, in which he falls back to sleep). There were only 2 nights that he stayed up to midnight...and Austin and I thought something was wrong with him! We truly feel blessed!
Andrew is growing quickly. He was 10 lb 6 oz at his one month appointment and is filling out!
Andrew sleeps most of the day, but when he is awake he is truly a content baby. He hardly fusses unless he is hungry, sleepy or gassy! He has just started smiling and he loves to be talked to. One of the cutest things he does right now, is in his sleep he will start laughing.
Some of you know that Andrew's newborn screening came back abnormal. He tested low on the thyroid screening. At first I was anxious about the outcome, but I knew that it was all in God's control. And whatever happens, happens. Well, I took Andrew to the hospital 3 times to get his blood drawn. It was not only painful for Andrew but for me! It is a hard process to get blood drawn from a newborn. They can only do it via a prick on the foot. And Andrew's blood flowed very slowly. So, it was a long process. It was the first time I saw tears in his eyes.....and the longest I have seen him cry:( All the blood draws confirmed he had low Thyroid levels. We had a lot of people praying for good results....and on Friday our Doctor called and said that Andrew's thyroid is low but will grow within the normal range. I will talk to the Doctor more about this at the next visit. But Tammy read something about Transient Hypothyroidism. And after reading about it...I'm guessing that is what Andrew has. I'll keep you posted on this if anything changes. But just wanted to share the answer to prayer!
We are enjoying our time as a family and enjoy watching them both grow!
We love you all and hope you are doing well.
Austin, Jamie, Maddy and Andrew
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Beautiful baby! Congratulations and enjoy the time with two - it can get crazy, but is so worth every minute. Glad to hear he is doing well and sleeping good. Our Micah is also an awesome baby and we consider it a huge blessing.
Post a Comment