Sunday, April 24, 2011

It's All About Sleep...

To my devoted blog readers, 
I promise I have not deserted blogging. It has just been on the last of my to-do list at this time. But I will catch up (even if I have to blog about Christmas in July....which seems like it may be a reality).  Until then, I thought I would share a little update on my sleep situation.  Drew and Jack have been sleeping in their bed most days of the week and most of the night. I'll leave it at that.......because there was one night that I was ready to go to bed and found this:
As you can see, there isn't much space left for me.:)  Well, I have talked to Drew and Jack and told them if I wake up (which is code for: I can't sleep because I am sleeping sideways....since that is all the room I have between Austin and Boy A or Boy B) then I will put them back into their bed. This has been the true reason for our sleep training working so well. I can't say that it has been a joint effort....but that's okay because I'm actually getting sleep!:)  But, obviously, my kids are picking up on which parent to "contact" to get their way when it comes to sleeping. This is what Austin and I found tonight:
For those who can't read it, it says "Plees sleep with me dad.  Love Maddy."   On the right it says "Than you."  In the circle it says "Do not" and a picture which looks like a mad face.  Oh kids, they are so funny. They think they can get their way just by writing a cute note. Well, um, maybe they can.....because the house is quiet now....everyone is sleeping and my bed is empty.  Now I have all the space in the world (okay maybe the size of a queen size bed) to fall asleep but instead of sleeping in my own bed and enjoying the space I'm considering sleeping in Maddy's bed with Austin (because A:  As I have mentioned, I kind of need Austin's chest to fall asleep and B:  I am wondering what the boys will do if they wake up in the middle of the night and find our bed empty). As I write reason B I realize that would be a bad idea.  So, I will go to my bed....and if a little boy decides to creep into my bed sometime at night I might have to break my rule of putting them back into bed......just for this night.
I am realizing that these sleep blog entries are really exposing a great example of our "wonderful" parenting skills of  "not caving into your children".  But hey, it's tougher than you think when you get an unexpected note from your daughter or you are half asleep, it's in the middle of the night and an adorable little boy wearing Superman or Batman slips into bed.....it's hard to stand up to a super-hero!  Well, I am off to my next sleep adventure....until next time, sweet dreams!:)

1 comment:

Jarrad, Misty, Jenna, Josie Odle said...

you crack me up! love all your stories!